Posts by pontiyak

Hello, I am very VBA experience deficient and I've tried searching for some help but am stuck.

I'm making a user form, where there are ComboBoxes 1-10 (cmbProduct1, etc.) and TextBoxes 1-10 (txtProduct1Qty,etc.)

The user fills out the form and the quantities are stored in a "database sheet" organized by products as column headers. There are 40 Products, and 10 entrys on the form. So I need the 10 entrys to find their way to the right columns.

I need help matching the .Cells(RowIndex, ColumnIndex) based on the option selected in the combobox. I want to use a Header name, instead of a number here:

Re: Link Excel to Word

I've been using linked objects, but my understanding is that mail merge doesn't do tables?

I need to keep fields/tables live/up-datable so that as the reports get written they can be changed.

Mail-merge wont work for my business line, as the office composes up to 1000 reports a year that vary between 80-300+ pages and have had up to 500-600 different fields.

I'm a land planner and am working on an excel workbook and corresponding word template to speed up business. I create narrative reports for customer's real estate. I'd like to link excel to word, and am willing to learn vba to accomplish.

I'd like to be able to have a word document that has keywords that correspond to an excel workbook's range names.

"Dear ClientName, I've performed an analysis on the rezoning potential for your property located at SubjectAddress, SubjectCity, SubjectState. The property is currently zoned ExistingZoning. The existing zoning standards are presented in the following table: ExistingZoningTable There is a reasonable probability that your property can be rezoned to ProposedZoning, with standards as follows: ProposedZoningTable. "

I'd like to get a dialog to scan an excel file for range names, and then replace the range names in a word document with links to excel.

I was thinking of accomplishing this with a "ghost" access database. The excel range names go to access which records the R1:C1 location in the excel. If it is a single cell (i.e. a text entry) use docvar and if it is a range (i.e. table or chart) use OLE.

thoughts? I need help getting started.

thanks,
    yak

I'm a land planner and am working on an excel workbook and corresponding word template to speed up business. I create narrative reports for customer's real estate. I'd like to link excel to word, and am willing to learn vba to accomplish.

I'd like to be able to have a word document that has keywords that correspond to an excel workbook's range names.

"Dear ClientName, I've performed an analysis on the rezoning potential for your property located at SubjectAddress, SubjectCity, SubjectState. The property is currently zoned ExistingZoning. The existing zoning standards are presented in the following table: ExistingZoningTable There is a reasonable probability that your property can be rezoned to ProposedZoning, with standards as follows: ProposedZoningTable. "

I'd like to get a dialog to scan an excel file for range names, and then replace the range names in a word document with links to excel.

I was thinking of accomplishing this with a "ghost" access database. The excel range names go to access which records the R1:C1 location in the excel. If it is a single cell (i.e. a text entry) use docvar and if it is a range (i.e. table or chart) use OLE.

thoughts? I need help getting started.

thanks,
    yak