Posts by centaur63

Thanks

The code works perfectly. Is this what tells it to check to see if the column was deleted??? I am just trying to understand. How does it know that the row or column was removed???

Code
    If Target.Columns.Count = Columns.Count Then

Re: Track Deleted Row Or Column

So if i wanted to use this code for the future would i change where it says sheet2 to what ever the sheet name is such has Sheet3(Deletions) would I use sheet3 or deletion???

Re: Changing Comment Box Color

This is not my project. Sorry Im not even a computer guy. My boss had the code that the engineers wanted and i was told to get it to work. Other wise i would of used the inbuilt one. Everything works. The track Change code works perfectly. They only problem I am having is with the for each loop. It changes all the comment boxes instead of just one. If this isnt possible then i will tell my boss. Thank You for all your time and help with this program.

the code works it just changes everything. Would you know a better way to do it instead of using the for each function. Maybe that is the reason why its applying this settings to all of the comment indicators.

Confused

First I like to apologize, I am a little confused. I am very new when it comes to this so please just bear with me.

So am I supposed to write this: In order to call the macro that is located inside sheet1???

Code
    Private Sub Workbook_Open() 
        call sheet1.PrintCommentsByColumn 
    End Sub

I thought i had to do something like this on the workbook

Code
    PrintCommentsByColumn 
    End Sub

and I had to hardcode this:

Code
    Set wsSource = Sheets("Sheet1")

But its dosnt seem to be working? Neither is the call function i used in the worksheet. Is there anything else I can let you guys know to better get an idea of what i am trying to do?

More information

Im trying to run the macro called printcommentsbycolumn. So I placed that code below inside thisworkbook. But I get an error cause I didnt define it i think. Am i suppose to hardcode this in order to get it to work?? What do i declare it as???

Code
    PrintCommentsByColumn
    End Sub

Well I already have my macro working to track changes. My only problem is with this work around to turn the comment indicator blue. It Turns every comment indictator blue.

Re: Hardcode The Sheetname

Well I have this macro that i want to run everytime i open up my excel document. It takes information off of Sheet1(info) and puts it onto sheet2(test). Does that help any??? How would I do this?

Thats what my employer wants. We have comments on the page that employer put into this document. They want to know which ones they did and which one the user did. So they want all the comments incerted after cell changed to be blue so they know that is something the user has done.