Posts by jl2509

Re: List specific worksheet names on a summary worksheet

royUK, nice, works a treat

Can you assist with another query please.

Now that I have all the sheets and links, I now need the ability to delete a worksheet with VBA as I intend to hide all worksheet tabs.
    Therfore I am looking to create a dropdown box which uses the "Test Summary list" created by your code as input data. Once a Test* name is selected from the dropdown list, I would like to use a command button to delete the selected sheet with confirmation buttons for safety.

Is this possible please?

Regards

John

Hello royUK,

Sorry to ask but do you have any further assistance to provide on this issue?
    I fixed the issue with not running code after I reinstalled Office 2013, however, I still have the problem as detailed above.

Appreciate all you have provided so far.

Regards

John

royUK,

Ok, the code not running must be an issue with my excel installation as it runs on another system with 2013 installed.
    I will fix this issue later by a reinstall.

However, the topic on, not requiring a TOC sheet and only having the hyperlinks associated with the worksheet tabs named "Test*" remains an issues or me.
    I am only running the workbook which you updated so far, without implementing in my workbook until it is fixed for what I am trying to achieve.

sylwester answered part of my query with removing the HOME links on each page.

Appreciate your assistance

Regards

John

royUK,
    A side question if I may...

I have just tried to run the my workbook in excel 2013 but none of this code works in that version !
    Is there a compatibility problem with 2010 and 2013 VBA that you know of? All formulas work fine but VBA is not?

Regards

John

RoyUK
    Nice piece of code but I still have issues if you could assist.

The code replicates "HOME" on every sheet each time I activate any of the sheets, I don't actaully require "HOME" to be added to any sheets, so this can be omiited if possible, I have command buttons that manage the workbook navigation.
    Also, I dont need a TOC sheet, just all hyperlinks to the TEST* worksheet tabs which are listed on the summary sheet.

Appreciate the assistance

Regards

John

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65281[/ATTACH]Thank you for the response, but now I am even more confused.
    As I say, I am new to this and trying to get to grips with it.

Does this VBA code replace the previous code you supplied or does it perform the same function and replaces the original code. Just that any reference to the previous requirements i.e. "Test" as the worksheet names, the "Summary" sheet etc are not within this code.

Just to clarify,
    I would like to have the same finctionality as the first VBA code, but now to Hyperlink to the worksheets from the list created.

I have update the sample sheet with my efforts but I get an error "Sub or Function not defined"

Would appreciate you looking at this and to receive your assitance once again.

Regards

John

Thanks for the Reply

I got this to work by testing in a new worksheet and tracing my steps.

How would I now go about changing the range where the worksheet names are populated instead of A1. i.e. C7
    Just changing the cell reference in your code only changes the Summary heading not the actual worksheet names.

Regards

John

RoyUK

Thank you for the reply but I am sorry to say, this is not performing correctly to my needs.
    When I activate the sheet, all code is removed from a number of adjacent columns to the right, along with all formatting of the cells.
    Cell A1 is the only cell which has data populated "Summary" and it takes about 15 seconds for the sheet to calculate and Worksheet names are not populated
    The code is placed exactly where you suggested it to go (Worksheet Activate) and is copied as per your post.

Just for clarity, I am running excel 2013

Any assistance much appreciated

Regards

John

Hello all,
    Very new to this forum and would like some assistance in creating a function to extract a specific range of worksheet names from the workbook.
    The Worksheets that I would like to list are named Test1 thru test300 but they may not all be created yet, so the code needs to check if they exist first I guess?

The list would then populate a range a1:a300 where I have other functions picking up tasks.

If a new worksheet is created, it should also auto update the list range.

Appreciate any help you can give here.