Posts by luis.

Re: filter listbox by typing into a textbox in a userform

this code only searches and highlights the row in the list box. I need the list box to filter as the user types in the textbox. any help would be really helpful

I've have this code and I've been trying to enable the user to only use the userform and not look into the others sheets with data, but the code I'm using only allows me to run it when the I'm on the data sheet. Same thing goes for my next and previous. can some one help me and explain what am I doing wrong?

and this is the code for my next button with the same issue

Re: using a custom userform search my data table in excel

Thank you so much pike, I apologize for taking too long to respond to you. I use the second code and it worked beautifully. I tried to tweak the code as a next button. but an error comes up.

I have created a user form to search my data table but the code doesn't search the key word in textbox1. it keeps on looping through the data in textbox2-6 until 0. The code should work by inputting the search word in textbox1 and the rest of the boxes will show data from that row from the search word

I am new at this and I tried to use an old code from another. I have a macro that copies a pattern of cells from sheet one into sheet two. i need the code were i can keep adding data to sheet two, because it's only replacing the cells and not adding to the data already there.
    I've been trying place this code in .EndxlDown.Offset(1, 0) but just getting nowhere. if anybody can help me that would be great. thank you all for reading my post

I've placed my macros in a custom ribbon bar from multiple sheets, but the issue with that is that, I have to be viewing the sheet it was originally made for to work correctly. If I'm viewing sheet1 and click on sheet 2's macro, the code would work on sheet 1 instead of two. I need to work no matter what sheet I'm viewing. I've tried include worksheet("packingslip").Range("A8:N&WSLR).select as the range but it does not work. Can some one help me.

Sub CLEAR1()
    Dim WS As Worksheet
    Set WS = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("PACKINGSLIP")

WSLR = WS.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
    WSLC = WS.Cells(1, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column

Range("A8:N" & WSLR).Select
    Selection.ClearContents
    Range("A8").Select

End Sub

I'm close to the end. I inserted a code to group my column B and adding a blank row beneath and now I need a code to subtotal each group in column G breaks are not always in the same location. for example the subtatol for G row2 is 526. I want the total in Column L if possible. thank you.

Re: Adding a row below if the value in b1 is not the same in b2

Quote from AlanSidman;758796

Why not use the built in Sub totals function?

thank you Alan for your response.

That's would I've been using manually every night. The data in the rows are constantly changing so I'm looking for a code to total group my data in column by adding a break and calculating column G within that group.

I need help trying to use coding to group my data in clomen B and dividing it with a row at the same time adding up the total with the cells in G within the groups in the empty row

for example
    B G
    [TABLE="width: 598"]

[tr]

[TD="align: right"]4016930000[/TD]

[td]

ddffdf

[/td]

[td]

EA

[/td]

[TD="align: right"]10[/TD]