Posts by Niknek

Re: Populating multiple combo-boxes on a UserForm

Roy,
    That works perfectly, however, with 'cbIdentS' I also need to copy the appropriate data from 'Scope_of_Work' columns C, D, E, F & H, into textboxes on the userform, and I can't quite see how to do that.
    Can you help?

Code
    Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() 

Me.cbCalRun.List = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Calibration").Range("A2", Range("A2").End(xlDown)).Value 
        Me.cbIdentS.List = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Scope_of_Work").Range("B2", Range("B2").End(xlDown)).Value 

End Sub

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but that now gives me a "Runtime error 1004: Application-defined or object-defined error"

Hi royUK,

Thanks for that, however I'm getting a compile error in both lines of code with the second instance of '.Range' highlighted.

Code

Me.cbCalRun.List = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Calibration").Range("A2", [FONT=arial black].Range[FONT=arial]("[/FONT][/FONT]A2").End(xlDown)).Value
        Me.cbIdentS.List = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Scope_of_Work").Range("B2", [FONT=arial black].Range[/FONT]("B2").End(xlDown)).Value

End Sub

Niknek

Quote from cytop;760296

Rather than a general comment that 'It throws up a 'Compile Error: Method or ...' it usually helps if you mention which line throws the error...

Failing that it's a guessing game to start with. My guess is one of the referenced worksheets does not exist - perhaps there's an embedded space in the name which is not accounted for in the code. And then again, I could be wrong... :)

Here's a snapshot of the offending code:-

I'm very much a 'Newbie' to Excel VBA and I'm having all sorts of problems, particularly with populating multiple combo-boxes on the same 'UserForm'.

My 'UserForm' contains 2 comboboxes - cbIdentS and cbCalRun, can anyone tell me why this code doesn't work? It throws up a 'Compile Error: Method or data member not found'.

I don't know why those "[COLOR]" references have appreared, I suspect I haven't added the code to the message properly - another Newbie problem?

I have searched through related topics, but can't find an answer that works, any help would be much appreciated.

[COLOR=#333333]Niknek[/COLOR]

Re: Excel VBA Combobox Populate

Sorry Cytop,

It just shows what a 'Newbie' I am.

Re: Excel VBA Combobox Populate

I'm also very a 'Newbie' to Excel VBA and I'm having all sorts of problems, particularly with populating multiple comboboxes on the same 'UserForm'.

My 'UserForm' contains 2 comboboxes - cbIdentS and cbCalRun

Can anyone tell me why this code doesn't work? It throws up a 'Compile Error: Method or data member not found'.

Dim cell As Range
    Dim Rng As Range

With cbCalRun
    ThisWorkbook.Sheet3 ("Calibration")
    Set Rng = .Range("A2", .Range("A2").End(xlDown))
    End With
    For Each cell In Rng.Cells
    Me.cbCalRun.AddItem cell.Value
    Next cell

With cbIdentS
    ThisWorkbook.Sheet1 ("Scope_of_Work")
    Set Rng = .Range("B2", .Range("B2").End(xlDown))
    End With
    For Each cell In Rng.Cells
    Me.cbIdentS.AddItem cell.Value
    Next cell
    End Sub

Any help would be much appreciated.

Niknek