Posts by pdreher13

Good afternoon!

I am trying to fill blank cells in a column with today's date if they are blank. However, if there is a date, I would like that to stay as is.

This is what I have but it errors:

Dim lrB As Long
    lrB = ws1.Cells(Rows.Count, "I".End(xlUp).Row
    If Cells.Range("E2:E" & lrB) = "" Then
    Range("E2") = Date
    End If

I have tried other ways but in vain.

Hello!

I am trying to use code to conditionally format a cell based on another cell not being blank. In column E I am using a VLOOKUP to populate a date. I would like the macro to copy and paste from column H to column G if there is a date in column E.

Good morning!

I have started VBA to color code entire rows on a table based on data in specific cells. I am wondering if it is possible to do this but to search for non-exact matches. For example, I am looking for the phrase "HCR CR" in a column titled "Notes". The notes are free form however and can vary widely.

Thank you!

Good morning!

Is it possible to sort by more than 3 criteria using VBA? I want to sort by columns H (custom list: <95%, 96%-97.9%, 98%, 99%, then 100%), K (ascending), A (ascending), C (ascending), and D (ascending).

Thank you!

Re: Vlookup with Multiple Sheets

Thank you so much sktneer! Works perfectly! I have another question however. If I wanted to do another one but for column G and returning the data in column C on sheet 2, could I piggy back off your variables or would I have set whole new ones?

Good afternoon!

I am trying to add vba code to vlookup from one sheet to another. My report is on sheet 1 and the data range is on Sheet 2. Here are the details:

Looking up values from column K starting with K3 (total varies from day to day).
    Range with titles is on Sheet 2 (A1:B65)
    Results I want in column H starting with H3.

Thank you!

I am trying to copy and paste a drop down list from one cell into multiple cells with varying amounts of cells, all in the same column. I want to copy the drop down in G3 and paste it in the rest of column G but column G varies from day to day. Here is what I have for the drop down list so far:

With Range("G3").Validation
    .Delete
    .Add Type:=xlValidateList, AlertStyle:=xlValidAlertStop, _
    Operator:=xlBetween, Formula1:="PDREHER, JDONOVAN, LWEBB, SBRUNNER, MHUTCHINSON, LEUCI"
    .IgnoreBlank = True
    .InCellDropdown = True
    .InputTitle = ""
    .ErrorTitle = ""
    .InputMessage = ""
    .ErrorMessage = ""
    .ShowInput = True
    .ShowError = True
    End With

I have tried multiple ways of doing this but I have been unsuccessful.