Posts by Ivanucho

Hi buddies,

I have a big table and I am trying to filter not only rows but columns also. How can I do this? For the example file attached:

I would like to show only rows with number=1 (i.e. A1,B1,C1 and D1) but only the values of columns with number=2 (i.e. X2 and Y2) and in the diagonal values(in blue). I would like to filter the table to get the values in orange.
    Do you know how can I do this?

thanks and regards,

ivanucho.

Hi buddies,

Here I come with new querys. I would like to linear interpolate an yo value from an (x,y) columns data, when knowing a specific xo value. I see it is possible to do this with the IF function to choose the interval where xo is included but it is tired and not very elegant when the (x,y) columns are very long(see file attached).

Thanks and regards,

Ivanucho:)

Hi buddies,

I want to use the statistical function FRECUENCY to guess the distribution of a column of raw data. I have selected the 'data' column and the 'interval' column, but it is displayed as a matrix. How can I visualize this matrix? How can I display and use a matrix?

thanks and kind regards,

Ivanucho]=)

Hi buddies,

I am trying to have the same headings(first two rows) in a big table with a lot of rows; in such a manner that when I go to print the table, the same heading(first two rows) appears in all the pages. I can do it with 'inmovilize panels' but it doesn´t work when printing.

Thanks buddies and kind regards,

Ivanucho.

Hi buddies,

I am trying to paste a big table from Excel into Word. When pasting the table as an image from Excel, it cuts the table(it doesn´t appear the hole table) even when reducing the image size.
    What can I do?

thanks and kind regards,

Ivanucho.

Hi buddies,

I am trying to paste a big table from Excel into Word. When pasting the table as an image from Excel, it cuts the table(it doesn´t appear the hole table) even when reducing the image size.

thanks and kind regards,

Ivanucho.

Hi buddy boys,

I am trying to hide a cell without erasing the content:
    Sometimes I want the content to be printed and sometimes not.

I tried it with right button over the cell, Cell Format, Protect and Hide.
    And after this, Excel says that I have to Protect the hole Sheet.

I do all this but it doesn´t work, do you know why?

Thanks buddies and nice regards,

Ivanucho.

Hi Greg,

But Ctrl-Shft-Enter doesn´t work in my Excel. It seems it makes the inverse of a Matrix, but only one cell appears, I imagine that the element a11, how can I see the whole matrix.

Thanks and regards,

Ivanucho.

Hi buddyboys,

I would like to solve equations systems with matrices. How can I do this?
    If I write MINVERS(matrix) only a cell appears. How can I operate and see the results of operating with matrices?

Thanks and kind regards,

Ivanucho----______

Hi buddyboys,

I have three points of a function (x1,y1), (x2,y2) and (x3,y3). I want to interpolate between them with a parabola(quadratic) function, how can I do this in an easy way? Can I interpolate with other functions like linear or Bspline curves? Is there any feature in Excel to make interpolations? If not, can I create a personal function to do this?

Thanks buddies and kind regards,

Ivanucho.

Morning,

If I use a Checkbox from the Control toolbox toolbar, How can I activate and deactivate it just by clicking the mouse, like a Checkbox from the Form toolbar?

Kind Regards buddies,

Ivanucho.

Yes Derk, actually I want to insert a check box in to a cell. I go to properties but the option 'Move and change size with cells' is deactivated.
    What is the proper way to insert a check box into a cell?
    What is the proper way to insert an object into a cell, for example an Excel drawing?

K.R.

Hi buddies,

I want a Verification Box in some cells.
    I want the Verification Box to be always inside the cells and centered in the cells if possible. When I change the cells size, or insert rows, the Verification Box doesn´t move with the cell.

Thanks and regards,

Ivanucho.

Dear buddyboys,

Suddently, Excel is not drawing some of my "Dispersion XY" charts correctly. I send you an example in the file attached. Excel is not representing the x-values correctly. Excel confuses(switches) the x-value of the points, with the point number.

What is happening? I never had trouble in drawing this kind of charts.

I switched recently from WinNT to Win2000. Can this be the problem?

Thanks buddies,

kind regards,

Ivanucho.