Posts by hutchval

Here is a copy of the code, I am using 2003 beta version.

Sub ImprovData_Sheet()
    Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    Application.Goto Reference:="ImprovData_Sheet"
    Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = False
    Selection.EntireColumn.Hidden = False
    Application.Goto Reference:="ImpPlans"
    Do Until ActiveCell = "Stop"
    If ActiveCell = "Hide" Then
    Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = True
    ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Range("A1").Select
    Else
    ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Range("A1").Select
    End If
    Loop
    Do Until ActiveCell = "Stop"
    If ActiveCell = "Hide" Then
    Selection.EntireColumn.Hidden = True
    ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Range("A1").Select
    Else
    ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Range("A1").Select
    End If
    Loop
    End Sub

I am trying to count how many jpg photos are on a disk "a:\" and subsequently import them. Any thoughts ?

Jim

Can you combine a concatenate to an if statement?

I am trying to use a concatenate to say if G25 = 0 then "", else 5% or what ever G25 equals.

Here is what I thought would work, but no such luck.

=IF(G25=0,"",&TEXT(G25,"0%")

thanks
    Jim

I am trying to copy the unhidden rows to a new sheet. The primary data is in a database format and filtered. I want to copy the data in a current region to a new sheet? Am I missing something, as when it copies it grabs the hidden rows also.:mad:

Thanks that works, it takes some time to go through 350 records. Is there any way to select the current region and chage to proper case?

I know about LCase, UCase but isn't there a Proper Case. I am trying to change a range containing CAPS to Proper Case?

Thanks in advance

I am trying to loop through a database that has been autofiltered. My problem is that the rows that are not visible are still selected by my loop. Any thoughts on how to select only the filtered data?

Thanks

manfredm
    Thanks, that works to delete one at a time, but is there a way to add a wild card to the end of the string to delete all of the worksheets that begin with LS ? Or do I have to delete them one at a time?

Thanks

I am trying to delete multiple sheets
    They are named "LS1", "LS2", "LS3" etc. I was trying to use a wild card, but that did not work. Here is what I have so far.

Sheets("LS*.*").Select
    ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Delete

Thanks

Code
    ActiveSheet.Pictures.Insert("C:\PlatMaps\

Is there a way to include the contents of cell "A1" to complete the path?

The contents of Cell "A1" contains an index file that matches the file in the Plat map folder.

Thanks

I link many of my excel worksheets to Word. If I change the excel sheet columns or rows, the link to word shows the old information only. Is there a way to have this dynamic so when excel changes, word changes. I am thinking I need to use a named range in excel and link it using VBA? Any thoughts?
    :o2