I have a tool built on Excel which relies on a COM add-in (SAP EPM client for BPC). On open I need to initiate a database login and report refresh (with EPM provided functions). The issue I'm running into is that the Workbook_Open macro runs *before* the Add-ins have loaded. The Add-in loads (seemingly) immediately after the Workbook_Open macro has concluded. I feel like this is only on a more recent release of Office 2016 (running build 1705),
- Has anyone else run into this?
- Can anyone suggest a workaround? Notes:
- I've tried Application.wait... while "waiting" no COM add-ins load.
- I've confirmed the add-in is "Installed" with Addins.Installed. Apparent installed is not the same thing as loaded...
- I've tried installed = false, then installed = true to re-install... still not the same thing and loads after macro has concluded.
- Is there a way to truly pause a macro and kick-off a new macro a few seconds later (it takes about 2 seconds for the add-ins to load)?
Bewildered Excel user (aka Jordan)