Posts by sn0365

Re: Macro to help match and sort data

Thank you very much for trying to help. I have done what you have instructed but it seems that I am not doing everything that is required to run the script, therefore generating errors.

Would request someone to help me by adding the script to the excel file so that I can execute it.

Re: Macro to help match and sort data

Thank you very much for your help.

I have just started to learn VBA and therefore would not understand how to play with your script.

Can I kindly request if you can apply the macro in my attached workbook so that I can execute it?

Really appreciate all your help.

[TABLE="width: 1324"]

[tr]

[TD="colspan: 4"]Hi, I am looking for a formulae or a script which would help me execute this problem.

Column B contains the name of the sample and column A contains the following breakdown of the sample but this data contains other sample informations.
    Every sample is Column B starts with a Character ID (A to Z) followed by a space and then "-". Example (B - or A - )
    The data which lists the breakdown of the sample in Column A will also start with the same character ID but can have a number attached to it (Number ID range A1-A99).

In Column Output 1 - I want to extract the relevant sample breakdown data from Column A for the sample listed in column B.
    Example - If Sample started with the ID "B -", I want the ouput1 cell to contains all the sample data starting with "B and a number"

In Column Output 2 - I want to copy the data from Output 1 but without the starting ID (example B1 or A1 or A99)[/TD]

[/tr]

[tr]

[/tr]

[tr]

[/tr]

[tr]

[/tr]

[tr]

[/tr]

[tr]

[/tr]

[tr]