Posts by CerealKiller

Hi there!
    I'm trying to do a Macro that processes lots of data and generates summatories for certain characteristics, but the only way that comes to my mind is looping. That should take a lot of time and I would like to hasten it. In a FAQ titled "Don't Get Caught In The Loop" there is a hint about SUBTOTALS. Can anyone show me some tips on how to use subtotals in macros?

THX in advance.

Hi there!

I'm writing a short macro that's supposed to check if various cells in each row are empty or not. As the length of the range, or the number of cells, are different depending on the sheet I thought I could check them using range. But that's the strange thing, the first code line using a generic range works fine.

Code
    Do While Sheets(num_hoja).Range("A3,C3") <> Empty

But when I change the generic range with cells it stops working

Code
    Do While Sheets(num_hoja).Range(Cells(num_row, 1), Cells(num_row, num_col)) <> Empty

Can anyone tell me why and if there is an easy way to solve it?

THX in advance,
    Cereal

Re: Getting Commandbar Control Name Or Index

THANKS!!

Twice I must say.

I tried various properties until I got to Caption, and that solved the problem.

Then I read your last line under the code, were you suggested Caption as useful property

I must remember to read the whole post next time ;)

Cereal

Hi there!

I've created a CommandBar Menu using Macros.
    It's not a linear code, I've used Do-While to create the different objects and embedded objects.
    As you can guess all objects refer to the same Macro.

And in this Macro is were I've got the problem.
    I can't come with a code to get the name of the object or the index reference, and thus I can't create the actions for the different objects in the menu.

Hope, I've expressed it right with my limited english.

Thanks in advance!!!

Re: Cracked Vb Code

I know that someone who knows how to crack it, it's likely to know the means to create that same software. But that also doesn't mean I don't like it. So if there is any other method I would like to know.
    And to answer your question I added a Password checking the box to block the project from visualization.

THX again

Re: Cracked Vb Code

THX, but that's not very encouraging.
    Aren't there any means VB or any other software to protect it.
    If I must avoid MicroChoft I can live with it ;)

THX
    Cereal

Hi there!

I've developed a little software using Excel Macros & VB. To prevent people from accesing the code I protected the code blocking it from visualization. It seems not enough as an acquaintance of a friend cracked it in 25 minutes. Or so he says. So I'd like to know if there is a better way to protect the font code.

THX in advance.
    Cereal

Re: Error In Macro With Text Functions

Thank you for your help.
    The problem was because of references as you noticed. Although it was the opposite. An external programm activated a library in the file, even if it wasn't necessary. Because of that some macros crashed whenever used in a PC without the external programm.

Thanks again,
    Cereal

Hi there!

I've got a little application in excel using macros.
    It worked perfectly with Excel 2000, but with Excel 2003 shows an error for every formula I've used in the macro -right, left, mid, date...

Does anyone know how to fix it?

THX in advance

Please use code tags rather than color tags for code