Posts by htmarlow

I've made some adjustments to the worksheet so you can see what I was talking about with the goverment requiring overtime pay for piece rate workers. They say that after 40 hours I have to take what they made total, divide it by 40 and then pay time and a half after that. As you can see from the sheet, I've been trying to figgure out the correct way to do this without having to manually do the calcultion every week. Thanks so much for all of your help.

Hi again all,

Attached is a sample of the Excel sheet I've been working on. Instructions are in text of worksheet.

Please, Please help.
    Looking for someone to have as a 'go to' person for these sorts of excel problems.

I have a worksheet that I need modified. There are a few formulas that need to be written and list box created with a scroll bar, all of which I have been unable to figure out. Anyone like to take a crack at it?

Ralph,

Thank you so much. I never would have figured out how to do that. I've been scratching my head for weeks on that problem. Now all I need is for Excel to look at the total time in overtime column and covert it into a number that isn't 0 - 0.999999, but I can find the overtime costs manually.

Thanks so much again,

Thomas:tumble:

Hi, Ralph
    I've attached the spreedsheet I'm working on for viewing. I tried your formula, but couldn't make it work. I'm not very skilled at excel.
    As you will see in the sheet, column B is the key stroke column, column C is supposed to keep a total of hours worked and column D is the overtime worked in one day. IF over 8 hrs, then display the difference between the actual time and 8hrs.
    I'm very grateful for your help.
    Thomas

I've been trying to get excel to tell me the amount of time between (i.e.) 20:00:00 and say 03:00:00 and I can't seem to figure it out. I'm able to get it to tell me from the 0 hour to say 03:34:00 = 3hrs. & 34mins. I would like to display different times in column B and show me the total time in column C. By key stroking crtl+shift+; the current time is displayed in B. The formula I have in column C right now is =SUM(B2-B3+C2). Can anyone help me with this. I'm using this to track time on a project.
    Also, in column D I'm seeking it to display a total if the time in column C begins to be greater than 8 hours.
    Solutions anyone?
    Thanks,
    Thomas