Posts by JohnCoulter

Sorry nesi, this ones' beyond me, it's possible to do this using vba, problem is I don't know how to read Hebrew, starting from scratch this is a rather large request imo, and if you're looking for porition to portion comparison it'd be even trickier

loop through cells

submit search page

select result and navigate

change portion size (that's what I'm assuming that drop down is) to predefined values (as I'm assuming you want the values to be comparable?)

I'd recommend you look into selenium wrapper or winhttp, automation via internetexplorer is an option also, though not as stable imo.

Here's my attempt using arrays, output formating isn't great though

Hi alhagag,

Would I be correct in saying that your code is supposed to loop through each row on Sheet1 and create as many rows as the value in column L and then have the Date column "N" on sheet2 be every date between Enter and Exit Date, and column A on Sheet2 be the current count of loop on the value in column L ?

Sorry to waste anyones time who's already spent time looking at this, but I believe the issue is related to Access rounding the results before running them through mod, as Access Mod only allows Ints. So (3/(2^1) aka 1.5 becomes 2 and 2 mod 2 = 0. solution to make access behave like excel is:

(Int(ModuleBitWise/(2^0)) Mod 2) >= 1. This Int() forces the result of (ModuleBitWise/(2^0)) to be roundeddown to the closest whole number

Thanks

Nick

Hi All,

I've come across a really confusing problem, when I was attempting to build a workaround to the lacking Bitwise AND in access.

In excel - formulas in the header

AB : =MOD($A2/(2^0),2)>=1
    C : =MOD($A2/(2^1),2)>=1D : =MOD($A2/(2^2),2)>=1E : =MOD($A2/(2^3),2)>=1
    1TRUEFALSEFALSEFALSE
    2FALSETRUEFALSEFALSE
    14FALSETRUETRUETRUE
    15TRUE
    TRUETRUETRUE

In Access using the same data in column A but in an access table:

SELECT ModuleBitWise,

((ModuleBitWise/(2^0)) Mod 2) >=1 as Result0,

((ModuleBitWise/(2^1)) Mod 2) >=1 as Result1

((ModuleBitWise/(2^2)) Mod 2) >=1 as Result2

((ModuleBitWise/(2^3)) Mod 2) >=1 as Result3

FROM STATIC_DATA

I get the below:

1-1
    20-100
    140-100
    15-1000

Does anyone know what's going on here? I'm stumped and been looking at this so long that my brain is now mush. Excel is behaving as expected however Access isn't.

Thanks,

Nick