Posts by xlite

Re: Formula Entry Into Chart Title

Quote from rdkalinowsky

by creating the string in a cell first, then referencing it in the chart title...hmmm.

thats what i always do as the chart refers to a static cell which in turn refers to(concatenate to) another cell that is variable :)

Re: Default Addin Location?

Quote from mtlay

No (not the .xla). Should I be able to see it? I still have the .xls, but the addin (.xla) should be off in the background somewhere, without the .xls being open, correct?

no menu in the add-in?
    then how do you access the macro?

Re: Default Addin Location?

does your add in have any reference to itself?
    that means does it refer to a cell within its sheets?

maybe if you elaborat on how the add in works or for what purpose we'd find more clues:p

Re: Formula Entry Into Chart Title

Quote from rdkalinowsky

to allow the user to enter a new value in Sheet1!A5 and have all of the charts update dynamically without re-executing the macro.

hi,

do you need a macro in the first place?
    coz you don't need a macro to link a chart title to a cel

simply select chart title, click formula bar and type "=" and select the cell
    you want the title to reflect to.

anytime the cell change, so does the title.

you should do the concatenating in the cell first :)

hope this helps

Re: Selecting Range Based On Date

try this:

hope this helps

Re: Stock Chart With Trend Line

hi mike,

if by trendline you mean a whole new set of data then try:

1. create stock chart as normal.
    2. create a line/xy scatter chart.

now we have 2 different charts.

3. select stock chart, copy and paste into the line chart.

the line chart becomes stock chart.

4. right click the line data series (that was converted into stock), choose Chart Type and convert it into line again.

hope this helps

Re: Get Exclamation Mark Icon And Sound For A Userform

i forgot about this solution i posted on my own website :p

In any sheet , Go to Insert > Object > Create from file and Browse the sound file, OK.

In the Userform initialize
    module place the following code:

Code
    Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
    Sheets(1).Shapes("Object 1").Select
    Selection.Verb Verb:=xlPrimary
    End Sub

Re: Retain Text Settings In Csv Format

convert from excel to csv (comma delimited)?

when you convert into a txt file only the very basic formatting is retained,

therefore other rich formats are lost. :)

here's some infor from the help file:
    [SIZE="1"]The CSV (*.csv) file format saves only the text and values as they are displayed in cells of the active worksheet. All rows and all characters in each cell are saved. Columns of data are separated by commas, and each row of data ends in a carriage return. If a cell contains a comma, the cell contents are enclosed in double quotation marks.

If cells display formulas instead of formula values, the formulas are converted as text. [COLOR="Blue"]All formatting, graphics, objects, and other worksheet contents are lost.[/COLOR] The euro symbol will be converted to a question mark.

Note If your workbook contains special font characters such as a copyright symbol (©), and you will be using the converted text file on a computer with a different operating system, save the workbook in the text file format appropriate for that system. For example, if you are using Windows and want to use the text file on a Macintosh computer, save the file in the CSV (Macintosh) format. If you are using a Macintosh computer and want to use the text file on a system running Windows or Windows NT, save the file in the CSV (Windows) format.[/SIZE]

Re: Get Exclamation Mark Icon And Sound For A Userform

hi Richard,

for the exclamation icon:

Code
    MsgBox "Hello", vbExclamation, "ABC"

as for the beep sound, you can change that in the Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Properties.
    I'd turn the sounds off and use speech instead:

Code
    Application.Speech.Speak "ding"

Re: Hot To Load Text In Userform

hi patrik,

try this:

Code
    Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
    Me.Label1.Caption = ThisWorkbook.Sheets(1).Range("A1")
    End Sub

hope this helps