Posts by JohnDrew

Re: Check Column Of Dates Against System Date And Send E-mail If Match

This is a marcro I have made for universal information.
    A1. First Name
    B1. Last Name
    C1. Email Address
    D1. Begin Date
    E1. Present Date
    F1. Formula for Yes to send. Must copy down
    G.1 Sent is inserted if email was sent.
    H1. Date and time sent
    I1. Subject line. "Annual Physical"
    I2. First part of Body. "Hi"
    i3. Body:
    I4. Date 31 days from present date.

To run it must have a "yes"in column "F" and no "Sent" in Column "G"
    Remove the "sent" to run again to test.

I have it to display so you can verify the information before its sent.

The blue button runs the macro and the red one will pull up a calender. When you click on a date it will enter that date in the selected cell.

Re: Dates Matches Then Send Email

This is a marcro I have made for universal information.
    A1. First Name
    B1. Last Name
    C1. Email Address
    D1. Begin Date
    E1. Present Date
    F1. Formula for Yes to send. Must copy down
    G.1 Sent is inserted if email was sent.
    H1. Date and time sent
    I1. Subject line. "Annual Physical"
    I2. First part of Body. "Hi"
    i3. Body:
    I4. Date 31 days from present date.

I don't know how to convert the date in the Email to post the month. For example I would like it to be February 5, 2008.

Perhaps someone can help on this issue.

To run it must have a "yes"in column "F" and no "Sent" in Column "G"
    Remove the "sent" to run again to test.

I have it to display so you can verify the information before its sent.

I would like to create a range name when the vendor changes in column "A' and identify the range name as the name in "A".

Name Item QTY
    Bill A 2
    Charley C 1
    Charley d 6
    Charley z 7
    David x 6
    David f 44

I would have range name Bill for B2:C2
    Charley B3:c4

Since the data changes, I need to have the program run and delete old name and create a new range with new data.

'
    Charley Range b

Re: Email Named Range With Ron De Bruin's Example

I get the right names but the same data as "C2" .
    I tried to make the range names with a varible with "x". ("C" & x)
    I may have the code in the wrong place. Be sure to clear Column "J" of "sent" to re run the macro.

Almost there!

This is in range Ed:

ITEM DESCRIPTION QTY
    B12 Switch Box 0
    C99 Cable for TV 10
    W16 Door Bell wire 2

Now I get the data all on one line.

Thanks for being patient, I am 64 years old and got several VB books for Christmas. Could not find it in any of them.

That sends an email for everything in Range("E1:E20") to all who I have identified with yes in column C.

What I need is to send only the range values identified by name in column D. Range(ED)

Then since Billplumbing is identified as yes in column C, send his information using range name Bill.

I will have about 100 emails sent to each vendor with different data identified by their individual range. Ed, Bill, Charlie, etc. This lets them know their items which they have low inventories.

I would like to do a copy and paste then autofit to the emai body.
    The information now is in one column.

I am trying to use http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/message.htm program . Example 1

Column A1- Company Name- Ed's Lighting
    Column B1 -Email [email protected]
    Column C1- Send- Yes
    Column D1- Range- Ed.....this is range (E1: G4:) which I named ED and wish to send this range to his email address.

Column A5- Company Name- Bill's Plumbing
    Column B5 -Email Address- [email protected]
    Column C5- Send- Yes
    Column D5- Range- Bill.....this is range (E5: G10:) which I named Bill and wish to send.

In Ron's program, the body only sends one line .

Since the number of line Items varies, I need to send variable Named ranges identified in Column D.

Re: Use Inputbox To Select The Range To Email.

In regards to the function code.

Where do I add that or how do I get it to run?

I tried to add the function module just before the End Sub, but that didn't work.

I copied both just like he had them and posted them into a new macro(2) and still didn't get it to work.

I would like to use an inputbox to identify the range I wish to email.

I am using VB Erange = ImputBox("Name the Range you wish to Send", "Email Range"

I also have .body = "EMAILRANGE",

That is what appears in the body of the email. The text, not the acutal values from the named range EMAILRANGE appears.

I am trying to use Ron de Bruin "Mail Range or Selection in the body " but didn't uderstand the statement ' Don't forget to copy the function RangetoHTML in the module.[hr]*[/hr] Auto Merged Post;[dl]*[/dl]Oops, i have some code in there without putting the text "code" on each side.

I have the companies in column "A" and run macro to insert row when the company name changes.

Now I would like to name their range of data using their company name in column "A" . Column "C" will always be the right hand side of the range. The number of rows could be as high as 100.

Would like range to be called "ALPHA" and be for range B2:C2
    APLPHA A123 20

Next Company Baker, Range B4:C6

BAKER B234 10
    B345 0
    B456 15

Next Company Charlie, Range B8:C9

CHARLIE C567 25
    C678 2

I inserted a check mark and tried to us a vertical lookup and post the check mark

All I get is a horseshoe looking character. When I do reference to the cell I get the same symbol.

What I trying to do is to place a check mark by the items which have been approved.

I know I could do it with an "X" or a color, but top management wants a check symbol.

I am using Excel 2007

This is so simple a caveman could do it, but I can't.

I have imported a file which has our inventory locations listed.

When I open the file it have converted the text to a date and I can't convert it back to the text format.

Example: In cell A1 I have 10-22 and it converts to 22-Oct. When I try to convert to text it converts to a Julian date. I tried mid and left but it only gives me julian numbers.

Can someone help a caveman out?

Thanks

I am new at this so be patient.

I am needing to go to a website and key in the store number. This will return the address and city of the store and carrier,which I downloaded into Excel and Excell prepares the shiping information. Bill of Lading

I recorded the keystrokes and it works but only for the store I entered. I need an inputbox or someway to enter a new number for future store numbers.

Is is possible to to enter something like an input box for the variable information into the
    recording?

This may be beyond the scope of this site, but any help would greatly be appreciated.