Posts by tachyon

Re: Find Common Numbers Between 2 Columns

hey thanks for ur reply ...[hr]*[/hr] Auto Merged Post Until 24 Hrs Passes;[dl]*[/dl]Guess my message din go thru

I need to go row by row thru each column and find out numbers which occur more than once in the row. Each column has multiple numbers seperated by a comma ... for example "5592,12222,2,3,4,5592,123123"

I need to list out which ever numbers occur in more than 1 column for the same row.

Hi all,

I hope somebody can help me with this - I have cracked my head over it and cant seem to figure out a way.

I need to find out common numbers between columns. Each column has multiple number entries seperated by a comma.

For example:
    Column A: "5592,12222" and Column B: "1,2,3,4,5592,123123" and Column C: "3, 4"

I need to find out any numbers that are found in more than 1 column. Hence, the result should be something like "3,4,5592". If no match is found then maybe can indicate by coloring the cell.

My data is over 50,000 rows and 30 columns. I need to do this for each row one by one.

Please help.

thanks