Posts by Denis

Welcome to the Board!

It is possible, but unless there is some clever native formula based way around this problem, it's going to require VBA. At the very least the suggestion would be to sort the rows manually and then to use code like this to insert blank rows in every other row in the region:

Code
    Public Sub InsertEveryOtherRow()
      Dim intCount As Long
      Dim i As Integer
      Dim objCell As Range

intCount = ActiveCell.CurrentRegion.Rows.Count
      For i = 1 To intCount
        ActiveCell.Offset(2 * i - 1, 0).Rows.Insert
      Next
    End Sub

Now, I don't expect this code to work for you right off the bat, but I've got to ask, why do you need a blank row in every other row? Is it for aesthetic purposes or is this a form that will be printed out and will require people to write in the blank rows?

My honest opinion is that unless the blank rows are necessary, get rid of them.

I agree with Andy. I'm not really sure what you're asking for. I'm guessing that you may want something like this:

Code
    Dim objUserForm As UserForm

For Each objUserForm In UserForms
        If Not objUserForm Is Me Then
          Unload objUserForm
        End If
      Next

As illustrated in the attached example.
    It should be noted though that if I am correct in what you want, you can only really do this in Excel 2000 or greater, although to be honest, displaying multiple userforms is generally not a good idea.

Chinese :bouncing:

Which dialect? :)

Agreed, but again, they have a system in place for teaching English at a young age. There are no such language requirements on young children in the "big" English speaking nations, USA, UK etc.

Besides, isn't Linux more popular in China than Windows? As you stated earlier, StarOffice/OpenOffice deals with International issues better than M$. Which makes sense anyway since it was the International Community that helped to develop those softwares. :cul: (take nothing from that smiley, I've just never used it before :) )

I wonder if not the non-english market have become bigger then the english market :question:

The problem is not the English-speaking market, the problem is that people who do not have English as their mother tongue have a damnable tendency to learn English as a second/third/fourth language. Whereas the English-speakers aren't as concerned about learning another language. I blame society myself, but then, I'm too lazy to learn other languages. :D

:cheers:

It seems that your mood isn't really "XLellent". :)

To play Devil's Advocate is always fun, but to look at the flip side, Microsloth are an "International" company. In as much as they employ people from many nations to work many job functions. However, they are/were initially an American company. Thus, their primary language is English. Like it or not, everyone chooses a primary language. If Microsoft were founded and based in Sweden, would they have the same stranglehold on corporate software that they have just now if the primary language were Swedish? Probably not. Why? Well it just so happens that one of the most commonly spoken languages is English, not Swedish. If you start up a software company and concentrate on Swedish language software, then your market is going to be Sweden and probably other parts of Scandanavia if I'm not mistaken. If you start up a software company in one of the most affluent nations in the world paired with the fact that your target consumers speak arguably the most common language in the world and coupled with the fact that your software is actually pretty decent, are you going to be successful compared to that same software released in Swedish? Hmm, yup, yes you are.

Now, presuming that your software is pretty decent and that your primary audience is English speaking. Would you really give a rat's chuff to international issues? Yes, you would, but only after profits had slumped and you really needed a fresh (non-English speaking) market. Until then, you could pretty much get away with making a token gesture towards creating International versions of your software.

This sounds harsh and it's really not intended to be but the question has to be asked:

"Does any software house based in any country in the world have a decent solution for International issues?"

Microsloth is arguably the biggest software company in the world, but does this necessarily mean that they are solely responsible for making perfect, language independent software?

I do not mean to belittle your predicament as you no doubt wrestle with these issues on a daily basis, whereas I have the luxury of being based in an English speaking country. However, until the day that a non-English based software rises to challenge the beast that is M$, the reality is is that you are going to have to live with what is offered.

I mean, good God, you can't even call native VBA functions from a spreadsheet as though it's a UDF and you think that they are going to do something fancy like converting to foreign languages efficiently? :lol:

Remember this though:

Life shouldn't be taken too seriously.
    The point of business is to make money, not to make people happy.
    Don't apologise for other people's shortcomings.
    I'd love for everyone in the world to be able to use the same software.:yes:

In Scotland, a new game was invented. It was entitled Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden.... and thus the word GOLF entered into the English language.

It'd be nice if it were true, but more realistically the word was derived from the verb "gowff" which is old Scots for "strike hard".

...and yeah, who's the fourth king. :D

Good info though.

You could use nested IF's, but a VLOOKUP would probably be more useful. I'm not 100% sure of what you're asking for, but here's an example of VLOOKUP, that uses your ranges and percentages. This basically looks at the value in cell B1 and returns the percentage in A1.

<CENTER&gt;<TABLE borderColor=#c0c0c0 cellSpacing=0 width="60%" align=center border=1&gt;<TBODY&gt;<TR&gt;<TD bgColor=#0c266b colSpan=5&gt;<TABLE width="100%" align=center border=0&gt;<TBODY&gt;<TR&gt;<TD align=left&gt;<FONT color=white&gt;<B&gt;Microsoft Excel - Book1</B&gt;</FONT&gt;</TD&gt;<TD align=right&gt;<FONT color=white size=2&gt;___Running: xl2000 : OS = Windows NT 4 </FONT&gt;</TD&gt;</TR&gt;</TBODY&gt;</TABLE&gt;</TD&gt;</TR&gt;<TR&gt;<TD bgColor=#d4d0c8 colSpan=5&gt;<TABLE height=10 width="100%" align=center border=0 VALIGN="MIDDLE"&gt;<TBODY&gt;<TR&gt;<TD&gt;(<U&gt;F</U&gt;)ile (<U&gt;E</U&gt;)dit (<U&gt;V</U&gt;)iew (<U&gt;I</U&gt;)nsert (<U&gt;O</U&gt;)ptions (<U&gt;T</U&gt;)ools (<U&gt;D</U&gt;)ata (<U&gt;W</U&gt;)indow (<U&gt;H</U&gt;)elp</TD&gt;<TD vAlign=center align=right&gt;<FORM name=formCb7552&gt;<INPUT onclick='window.clipboardData.setData("Text",document.formFb3707.sltNb8739.value);' type=button value="Copy Formula" name=btCb8704&gt;</FORM&gt;</TD&gt;</TR&gt;</TBODY&gt;</TABLE&gt;</TD&gt;</TR&gt;<TR&gt;<TD bgColor=white colSpan=5&gt;<TABLE border=0&gt;<TBODY&gt;<TR&gt;<FORM name=formFb3707&gt;<TD align=middle width="5%" bgColor=white&gt;<SELECT onchange="document.formFb3707.txbFb8093.value = document.formFb3707.sltNb8739.value" name=sltNb8739&gt;<OPTION value==VLOOKUP(B1,{0,0;1600,0.02;1750,0.025;1850,0.03},2,TRUE) selected&gt;A1</OPTION&gt;</SELECT&gt;</TD&gt;<TD align=right width="3%" bgColor=#d4d0c8&gt;<B>=</B&gt;</TD&gt;<TD align=left bgColor=white&gt;<INPUT size=120 value==VLOOKUP(B1,{0,0;1600,0.02;1750,0.025;1850,0.03},2,TRUE) name=txbFb8093&gt;</TD&gt;</FORM&gt;</TR&gt;</TBODY&gt;</TABLE&gt;</TD&gt;</TR&gt;<TR&gt;<TD align=middle width="1%" bgColor=#d4d0c8&gt;<BR&gt;</TD&gt;<TD align=middle bgColor=#d4d0c8&gt;<B&gt;<CENTER&gt;A</CENTER&gt;</B&gt;</TD&gt;<TD align=middle bgColor=#d4d0c8&gt;<B&gt;<CENTER&gt;B</CENTER&gt;</B&gt;</TD&gt;<TD align=middle bgColor=#d4d0c8&gt;<B&gt;<CENTER&gt;C</CENTER&gt;</B&gt;</TD&gt;<TD align=middle bgColor=#d4d0c8&gt;<B&gt;<CENTER&gt;D</CENTER&gt;</B&gt;</TD&gt;</TR&gt;<TR&gt;<TD align=middle width="1%" bgColor=#d4d0c8&gt;<B&gt;<CENTER&gt;1</CENTER&gt;</B&gt;</TD&gt;<TD vAlign=bottom align=right bgColor=#ffffff&gt;<A onclick="document.formFb3707.sltNb8739.options[0].selected=true; document.formFb3707.txbFb8093.value = document.formFb3707.sltNb8739.value;" href="javascript:void(0);"&gt;<FONT face=Arial color=#000000&gt;0.03</FONT&gt;</A&gt;</TD&gt;<TD vAlign=bottom align=right bgColor=#ffffff&gt;<FONT face=Arial color=#000000&gt;2000</FONT&gt;</TD&gt;<TD bgColor=#ffffff&gt;<BR&gt;</TD&gt;<TD bgColor=#ffffff&gt;<BR&gt;</TD&gt;</TR&gt;<TR&gt;<TD align=middle width="1%" bgColor=#d4d0c8&gt;<B&gt;<CENTER&gt;2</CENTER&gt;</B&gt;</TD&gt;<TD bgColor=#ffffff&gt;<BR&gt;</TD&gt;<TD bgColor=#ffffff&gt;<BR&gt;</TD&gt;<TD bgColor=#ffffff&gt;<BR&gt;</TD&gt;<TD bgColor=#ffffff&gt;<BR&gt;</TD&gt;</TR&gt;<TR&gt;<TD colSpan=5&gt;<U&gt;Sheet1</U&gt;</TD&gt;</TR&gt;</TBODY&gt;</TABLE&gt;<BR&gt;<FONT color=#339966&gt;To see the formula in the cells just click on the cells hyperlink or click the Name box</FONT&gt;<BR&gt;<FONT color=red size=2&gt;PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE THIS TABLE IMAGE ON SAME PAGE! OTHEWISE, ERROR OF JavaScript OCCUR.</FONT&gt;<BR&gt;<BR&gt;<FONT color=#339966 size=1&gt;The above image was automatically generated by [HtmlMaker 2.12] </FONT&gt;<FONT color=#339966 size=1&gt;If you want this FREE SOFT, <A href="http://www.interq.or.jp/sun/puremis/colo/HtmlMaker.htm"&gt;click here</A&gt; to download</FONT&gt;<BR&gt;<FONT color=#339966 size=1&gt;This code was graciously allowed to be modified: by <A href="mailto:[email protected]"&gt;Ivan F Moala</A&gt; All credit to <A href="mailto:[email protected]"&gt;Colo</A&gt;</FONT&gt;<BR&gt;</CENTER&gt;

You can pick and choose your "assignments" here. If people started offering you money to solve the problems posted here, but told you which problems to solve, you'd probably refuse the money and give up.

The easiest way is going to be to hit the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard, open your favourite picture editor and paste the contents of the clipboard there. MS Paint works fine, but I actually prefer copying straight into Word for screenshots.

You need 1 extra cell. This is the cell that will hold the value that the condition is based upon. Here's an example. Instead of having the value "Denis" on another sheet, I have put it on this sheet for the sake of ease:

<CENTER&gt;<TABLE borderColor=#c0c0c0 cellSpacing=0 width="60%" align=center border=1&gt;<TBODY&gt;<TR&gt;<TD bgColor=#0c266b colSpan=5&gt;<TABLE width="100%" align=center border=0&gt;<TBODY&gt;<TR&gt;<TD align=left&gt;<FONT color=white&gt;<B&gt;Microsoft Excel - Book1</B&gt;</FONT&gt;</TD&gt;<TD align=right&gt;<FONT color=white size=2&gt;___Running: xl2000 : OS = Windows NT 4 </FONT&gt;</TD&gt;</TR&gt;</TBODY&gt;</TABLE&gt;</TD&gt;</TR&gt;<TR&gt;<TD bgColor=#d4d0c8 colSpan=5&gt;<TABLE height=10 width="100%" align=center border=0 VALIGN="MIDDLE"&gt;<TBODY&gt;<TR&gt;<TD&gt;(<U&gt;F</U&gt;)ile (<U&gt;E</U&gt;)dit (<U&gt;V</U&gt;)iew (<U&gt;I</U&gt;)nsert (<U&gt;O</U&gt;)ptions (<U&gt;T</U&gt;)ools (<U&gt;D</U&gt;)ata (<U&gt;W</U&gt;)indow (<U&gt;H</U&gt;)elp</TD&gt;<TD vAlign=center align=right&gt;<FORM name=formCb7552&gt;<INPUT onclick='window.clipboardData.setData("Text",document.formFb3707.sltNb8739.value);' type=button value="Copy Formula" name=btCb8704&gt;</FORM&gt;</TD&gt;</TR&gt;</TBODY&gt;</TABLE&gt;</TD&gt;</TR&gt;<TR&gt;<TD bgColor=white colSpan=5&gt;<TABLE border=0&gt;<TBODY&gt;<TR&gt;<FORM name=formFb3707&gt;<TD align=middle width="5%" bgColor=white&gt;<SELECT onchange="document.formFb3707.txbFb8093.value = document.formFb3707.sltNb8739.value" name=sltNb8739&gt;<OPTION value="=IF(A1 = 1, A2, 0)" selected&gt;B1</OPTION&gt;</SELECT&gt;</TD&gt;<TD align=right width="3%" bgColor=#d4d0c8&gt;<B>=</B&gt;</TD&gt;<TD align=left bgColor=white&gt;<INPUT size=120 value="=IF(A1 = 1, A2, 0)" name=txbFb8093&gt;</TD&gt;</FORM&gt;</TR&gt;</TBODY&gt;</TABLE&gt;</TD&gt;</TR&gt;<TR&gt;<TD align=middle width="1%" bgColor=#d4d0c8&gt;<BR&gt;</TD&gt;<TD align=middle bgColor=#d4d0c8&gt;<B&gt;<CENTER&gt;A</CENTER&gt;</B&gt;</TD&gt;<TD align=middle bgColor=#d4d0c8&gt;<B&gt;<CENTER&gt;B</CENTER&gt;</B&gt;</TD&gt;<TD align=middle bgColor=#d4d0c8&gt;<B&gt;<CENTER&gt;C</CENTER&gt;</B&gt;</TD&gt;<TD align=middle bgColor=#d4d0c8&gt;<B&gt;<CENTER&gt;D</CENTER&gt;</B&gt;</TD&gt;</TR&gt;<TR&gt;<TD align=middle width="1%" bgColor=#d4d0c8&gt;<B&gt;<CENTER&gt;1</CENTER&gt;</B&gt;</TD&gt;<TD vAlign=bottom align=right bgColor=#ffffff&gt;<FONT face=Arial color=#000000&gt;1</FONT&gt;</TD&gt;<TD vAlign=bottom align=left bgColor=#ffffff&gt;<A onclick="document.formFb3707.sltNb8739.options[0].selected=true; document.formFb3707.txbFb8093.value = document.formFb3707.sltNb8739.value;" href="javascript:void(0);"&gt;<FONT face=Arial color=#000000&gt;Denis</FONT&gt;</A&gt;</TD&gt;<TD bgColor=#ffffff&gt;<BR&gt;</TD&gt;<TD bgColor=#ffffff&gt;<BR&gt;</TD&gt;</TR&gt;<TR&gt;<TD align=middle width="1%" bgColor=#d4d0c8&gt;<B&gt;<CENTER&gt;2</CENTER&gt;</B&gt;</TD&gt;<TD vAlign=bottom align=left bgColor=#ffffff&gt;<FONT face=Arial color=#000000&gt;Denis</FONT&gt;</TD&gt;<TD bgColor=#ffffff&gt;<BR&gt;</TD&gt;<TD bgColor=#ffffff&gt;<BR&gt;</TD&gt;<TD bgColor=#ffffff&gt;<BR&gt;</TD&gt;</TR&gt;<TR&gt;<TD align=middle width="1%" bgColor=#d4d0c8&gt;<B&gt;<CENTER&gt;3</CENTER&gt;</B&gt;</TD&gt;<TD bgColor=#ffffff&gt;<BR&gt;</TD&gt;<TD bgColor=#ffffff&gt;<BR&gt;</TD&gt;<TD bgColor=#ffffff&gt;<BR&gt;</TD&gt;<TD bgColor=#ffffff&gt;<BR&gt;</TD&gt;</TR&gt;<TR&gt;<TD colSpan=5&gt;<U&gt;Sheet1</U&gt;</TD&gt;</TR&gt;</TBODY&gt;</TABLE&gt;<BR&gt;<FONT color=#339966&gt;To see the formula in the cells just click on the cells hyperlink or click the Name box</FONT&gt;<BR&gt;<FONT color=red size=2&gt;PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE THIS TABLE IMAGE ON SAME PAGE! OTHEWISE, ERROR OF JavaScript OCCUR.</FONT&gt;<BR&gt;<BR&gt;<FONT color=#339966 size=1&gt;The above image was automatically generated by [HtmlMaker 2.12] </FONT&gt;<FONT color=#339966 size=1&gt;If you want this FREE SOFT, <A href="http://www.interq.or.jp/sun/puremis/colo/HtmlMaker.htm"&gt;click here</A&gt; to download</FONT&gt;<BR&gt;<FONT color=#339966 size=1&gt;This code was graciously allowed to be modified: by <A href="mailto:[email protected]"&gt;Ivan F Moala</A&gt; All credit to <A href="mailto:[email protected]"&gt;Colo</A&gt;</FONT&gt;<BR&gt;</CENTER&gt;

Here's an example of both type and an array. I've created a type called "Car" and added properties to it. The array example isn't great, but it's a start. If you need any explanation, just repost: