Posts by Eric Golf

Re: Control Order Of Class Object Events

Hi,

1. As far as I can tell from what you have written object_1 & object_2 are reacting to the same event so there are no multiple like events to order?

2. You say

The objects are entirely independent; they know nothing about each other.

if this is the case then they cannot wait or go before something else they do not know about?

3. Presuming both the above to be correct then to enable ordering of object_1, object_2 and possibly object_x's reaction to an event they either need to know each other exist or have them as part of a collection that is aware of all of them that then controls their reaction?

Hope this makes sense and is of some help.

Eric.

Re: Creating Consecutive Numbers After Text

Hi,

Presuming your list starts in A1 and allowing for more than 99 occurences of any word then try the below in B1 & fill down.

[COLOR="Blue"]=A1&TEXT(COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A1),"000")[/COLOR]

Hope this helps,

Eric.

Re: Oleobject, Trigger Event, Not Firing

Hi,

I believe the click event for a button called ItemButton1 must be called ItemButton1_Click() therefor if this event exists and you then rename the button as ItemButton77 then it will no longer be associated with ItemButton1_Click()

i.e. Your thought below is correct.

I think it has to do with the fact that a deleted button isn't replaced by a newly created button of the same name - that the new buttons don't absorb the same 'link' (?) to the click event.

Don't understand why you are deleting all the buttons just to recreate them anyway?

Eric

Re: Disable & Re-Enable Fill Handle & Drag-and-Drop

Hi,

Dave - As Wigi mentions that code is already in there, though not as directly. e.g.

Private Sub Workbook_Deactivate()
    Call ToggleCutCopyAndPaste(True)
    End Sub

ssimon2008 - Could this bit of code be being skipped due to how "the user exits Excel". e.g. If Excel is crashing or they close via the top right x?

Possibly if you put a msgbox in near the start of the ToggleCutCopyAndPaste sub to check that it is being run when closing, this may help narrow down the cause?

Eric

Edit - Another possibility is that other code in the workbook is switching off events?

Re: Track Changes

Hi,

Glad I could help and thanks for the feedback.

Sorry, I cant help with the 'out of memory' error, not my area. Best if you start a new thread, and I suggest you use a more relevant title which states your problem. Remember to include the exact text & number of the error in the body text.

Good luck.

Eric

Re: Track Changes

Hi,

Option Explicit needs to appear before any of the other code.

Take:-

and place above

Dim vOldVal 'Must be at top of module

Untested but this should help

Eric

Re: Color All Cells With TRUE

Hi,

Grrim - Are you trying to highlight cells which contain an IF statement where the "logical_test" evaluates to TRUE.

e.g. =IF(1=1,"FOO","BAR") should be Red
    whereas =IF(1=2,"BAR","FOO") would not be Red

Just hoping to clarify things.

Eric

Re: Error Handling In Multiple Nested Loops

Hi,

Add in a boolean to show error found then if it is true use "Exit For"

Sorry about the tabbing, seems to have been lost in copy / paste.

Untested, but hope this helps.

Eric

Edit - Forgot to include you will have to reset ErrorFound to False near the beginning of the outside loop

Re: Could Not Save All the Data and Formatting Recently Added

Hi,

There is a flaw in your count logic -

Your check for cellCount = 1022 is inside an IF statement while the cellCount = cellCount + 1 is outside it. That is if at the point that cellCount = 1022 if foundCell.Validation.Value is NOT true then cellCount will not reset to 0 and never be 1022 again.

Suggest either move the check for cellCount = 1022 outside the IF statement or change the check to

Code
    If cellCount [B]>[/B] 1022 Then

untested but hope this helps.

Eric.

Hi,

I am copying a sheet out to a new workbook in order to save as a CSV file. I was wondering if there was a better way of doing this than the code below which uses ActiveWorkbook to determine the newly copied sheet.

What I would like to do is replace

Code
    sDD.Copy
       Set OutputFile = ActiveWorkbook

with something like the commented out line

Code
    Set OutputFile = sDD.Copy

but I get a compile error: Expected Function or variable, when I try this, with .Copy being highlighted.

Basically I am trying to avoid using ActiveWorkbook where possible.

Hope this makes sense.

Eric.