Posts by shmee150

Hi,

I have written a number of macros which I now need to distribute to other users in my office. My question is whether there is some way to make them into icons on the ribbon or similar rather than having to add them individually to the personal macrobooks which in turn are harder for less tech-savvy users to run from.

Any suggestions on what I should be doing to go about this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim[hr]*[/hr] Auto Merged Post;[dl]*[/dl]Ok it looks to me as if it has something to do with using an Excel AddIn and .xlam files but not really clear on these yet.[hr]*[/hr] Auto Merged Post;[dl]*[/dl]Ok it looks to me as if it has something to do with using an Excel AddIn and .xlam files but not really clear on these yet.

Hi,

I don't know if there is an answer to this, BUT...

I have a VBA code that performs graph formatting options on a graph based on what type it is, this is to keep a uniform style through the company.

The problem is when you start using any style graph in 3d it doesn't look right and a different style is needed.

Basically is there a very simple if function that can determine if a 3d graph is selected? I can't think of any easy way to do this and have failed with google, maybe somebody else will know?

Thanks,

Tim

Hi,

Quick one, I need to take cells such as the following from A1 down:

Baker, Helen
    Brown, Joe
    Smith, John
    Roberts
    Thompson, Karen
    White, Daniel
    Wright, Lisa

I need to move this to the next column but where there is a cell such as the 4th without a comma it needs to add ", N/A".

Basically it should make "Roberts" from A4 become "Roberts, N/A". I think it needs something to search for a comma and if it's not present to add that to the end.

I think that's quite clear, help is appreciated!

Thank you,

Tim

Hi,

Quick question I hope, I have a column of data such as:

GI 20 August 07, Page 8
    FN 20 August 07, Page 22
    GMM 20 August 07, Page 13
    GPN 20 August 07

Those fields are taken directly from provided data. They need to have just the date extracted. Some fields come through lacking page numbers and the starting identifier can vary in the number of characters.

I think I need a very short function to take everything right of the first space, and left of the comma. Your help is much appreciated in how to combine these.

Thanks,

Tim

Hi,

I am trying to write a VBA macro for distribution that will simply take a range that has been manually selected by a user and perform some simple formatting settings on it.

For example in the attached worksheet I would like to make it so that if the user were to select cells B2:F6 it would add a border (any type) around the selected table. The key issue though is that the macro must know what has been selected, not just complete the action for B2:F6 always.

I would be really grateful if anybody knows the specific code required to perform an action based on the selected cells.

Thank you for your time,

Tim

Re: Vba Chart Axes Editing Syntax

I have already used that code, what I need to do is edit the colours of the lines for the axes, doing this while recording a macro unfortunately does not record anything other than useless commands that are not relevant. I have not quite worked out why this is though unfortunately.

Tim

Hi,

I have some graphs, my VBA code does some simple editing. Something I would like it to do is make the x-axis and y-axis lines be editable.

What I mean is say for editing the Plot area background you would use this code:

ActiveChart.PlotArea.Format.Line.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(0, 0, 0)

I am looking for the equivalent to do the x and y axis lines.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Tim

Re: Determining Whether A Graph Is Second Or Third `

Well it would actually quite like to work with lots, but I mean simply 3D in display, not 3D in terms of points plotted, so bar charts mainly, but maybe Pie charts or similar.

The reason it is relevant is in terms of formatting the background colours etc... There are lots of graphs to be done and many many more in the future so it will be convenient to have a master macro that makes them all along the same style.

Thanks,

Tim

For some reason my thread title wasn't liked which originally read: "Determining Whether A Graph is 2d or 3d with an If or Case Function"

Hi,

I am running a simple macro that does a lot of formatting to the active graph but I need to include either an If or Case function that will determine whether it is 3d in which case a few different options will want to be executed.

My question though is simply what is the syntax that may be able to determine whether a pre-made chart is 3D or not.

Thanks for your help,

Tim

Hi,

I have a combo box that is used very simply to select a column from sheet and copy that whole column down to where text ends into a specific column in another sheet. I.e whatever column is selected ends up in column B of this other sheet.

At the moment I've been using If functions for each case but there must be a more efficient way of doing this; here is just a sample of my code:

There are about 75 columns in total but thought it would be a little repetitive to put it all up here!

Thanks for your help,

Tim

Re: Dynamic Column Headers In Combo Box

Andy,

Thanks for your response.

I thinking I'm getting somewhere near my goal using a Select case command, but I don't understand the syntax that would be needed to fill the rowsource for another combobox.

Tim

Re: Vba Column Headers In Combo Box

Attached.

I have put in some sample data but the ultimate task is to create a graph of date on the x-axis and one of the "Heading xx" columns on the y via a VBA form; I have developed a form but cannot get the headings in the layouts they are in to be read in a tiered pair of combo boxes

I had to strip out everything to upload the file to this website as well; and it didn't seem to like Excel 2007 which this was made in.

Thanks,

Tim

Hi, this is my first post here but I'm looking for a bit of advice on how I should go about doing something.

My spreadsheet has in the region of 30 columns, more will be added on occasion in the future and ultimately I want to have each of the column headers appear in a 2-tiered dependent combo box. In the following structure:

Category 1:
    Header 1
    Header 2
    Header 3
    Category 2:
    Header 4
    Header 5
    Header 6
    Header 7 etc...

What I'm not sure about is what the most efficent way of making it so that it will automatically add new Column headers (and possibly categories) to the drop-down box so that it does not need to be re-coded in the future.

Sorry if I haven't made complete sense; I'm trying to self teach as much VBA as I can and have only been going a week or so.

Thank you very much in advance for your help,

Tim