Posts by dashingdude

I will be happy if someone can help me with Vlookup functionality. I have used VLOOKUP before but unable to fix this one on my own.

What I'm trying to do is code a macro and use vlookup to get data from different file names specified in column "C". For eq: there is a file called "Asia.xls" and the word "Asia" is stored in column location R14C3.

I tried the following code to append the filename to the filepath but it didn't work.

Code
    Cells(14, "E").FormulaR1C1 = "=VLOOKUP(12,'I:\Quantitative Analysis\Performance Summaries\Key Funds and Peers\Peer Perf Reports\" & R14C3 & ".xls'!Performance_Table,MONTH(R12C5)+1,FALSE)"

Please let me know if I'm unclear.

Many Thanks,
    DD

I had earlier posted a similar query in the following thread (closed) but the requirements have changed now.

http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/sh…d.php?p=375822#post375822

I earlier had an issue to obtain price of an item using vlookup() function on the identifier “0003128” (7 digits) stored with “custom” format “0000000” in one worksheet. However in other worksheet, the identifier is stored as “000312” (6 digits) with “text” format without the last digit ‘8’. I used left(A,6) function on “0003128” but instead of returning “000312” it returned “3128” and I was unable to use the vlookup() function.

This problem was solved by Andy by suggesting the following

=LEFT(TEXT(A1,"0000000"),6)

Now I'm trying to do the same in macro by passing the parameter as a value to function. However it didnt work. Please help.

Help please.

I am trying to obtain price of an item using vlookup() function on the identifier “0003128” (7 digits) stored with “custom” format “0000000” in one worksheet. However in other worksheet, the identifier is stored as “000312” (6 digits) with “text” format without the last digit ‘8’. I tried using the left(A,6) function on “0003128” but instead of returning “000312” it returns “3128” and I’m unable to use the vlookup() function. Please help.

Thanks!