Posts by Brister

Re: Data Labels Won't Appear On Graph

You have the data labels set to Category instead of Value. So the 1 is what you named the category (Axis). Just Rt click and choose format data series, then choose value.

Re: If first 5 characters in cell are? then call macro

If you are using a TextBox and using VB, you could use this:

Code
    Sheet1.Range("B1") = Left(Sheet1.TextBox1.Text, 128)
    Sheet1.Range("C1") = Mid(Sheet1.TextBox1.Text, 128, 228)
    Sheet1.Range("D1") = Mid(Sheet1.TextBox1.Text, 356, 128)

Re: Complex Formula

Well cool, I learned something new today. I started off that direction, but didn't know you could put a formula within the validation range. Cool Thanks Thomach.

Re: Form PopUp

Salimthaj,

You have this in your code:

Code
    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    Application.Run Login

End Sub

replace with this:

Code
    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    Login.show

End Sub

Re: select control button on sheet

Probably going to need a bit more info on this. What exactly are you trying to do, have the control button do something when you click on it? So you would do something like:

Code
    Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

End Sub

Or do you want, through code, to activate what the commandbutton would do? In that case you could set your code up in a module and reference it through your code. Again you explanation is rather vague, so I am not sure exactly what you want to do.

I have looked at this over and over and can't figure it out. Below is a code that adds a row below the active row. This was working fine until I added more columns to it. My Range went from B to S, to B to V. It get's far as selecting the range, but won't pop the msgBox up, it just stalls. Again it works finr if I take out the columns I added. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Edit: Just to add info, it does not give me an error, it just acts like it is done, and the range is highlighted, but no msgBox and no added row. Same issue with deleting a row.

Re: Chart Final Row Reference

I did it slightly different. I amde it so it would highlight the cells after the start cell. This may be different than what you want, but works well if others have similar.

Re: Using InputBox to Fill Down a Range

Try This:

Code
    Sub Dynamic_Input()
        a = InputBox("Enter the value you want")
         b = WorksheetFunction.CountA(Sheet2.Range("a1", "a30000")) + 1
           Sheet2.Range("A" & b) = a
    End Sub

This is if you are trying to do the same thing on page 2 as you did it on page 1, except controll is on sheet1 and code goes to sheet2. Mine works different than Nori's, but maybe I didn't understand.

Re: Adding a row to the last row a specific section

I got it to work finally. In Case anyone else needs this, here is the code:

Code
    Dim FirstRow As Long, LastRow As Long
        Dim cCount As Long
    FirstRow = ActiveCell.Row
        LastRow = Range(ActiveCell, ActiveCell.End(xlDown)).Select
        Range(ActiveCell, ActiveCell.End(xlDown)).Select
             cCount = Selection.Count

Range("B" & FirstRow + cCount - 1, "R" & FirstRow + cCount - 1).Select

I have done tons of searches on adding a row, which there are many, but have not found what I am looking for.

I have a sheet broken into sections, such as: B4:B10-R4:R10 has data then the next section starts at B13:B19- R4:R10 with 2 blank lines in between.

I have no problem find the last row of the sheet, but I cant seem to find the last row in the section. I have it set up so when I double click on the header cell for each section, it adds a row to the bottom of that specific section, which in this instance, is Row 11 and of course everything gets bumped down. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Header on page 2+ only

It works fine for me. Copy the code into a module. Then make a command button in a sheet. make sure the sheet you want to print is named "My Sheet" without the quotes. which is what the line:

Code
    With Sheets("My sheet")

is referring to.

Then go put this line under the commandbutton1 click :

Code
    Call NoFirstPageHeader_OneSheet

now you can click the button and it should work

Re: Pulling multiple Values from a list

Hey Batman,

I figured out why I am getting that error. I was setting the Listbox with a ListFillRange property set since I knew the Salesman was not changing. But If I had that range in any cels that were affected by the filter, it would effect the range, and give me that error. So I have to make sure I put that range where it will not be changed by the filter, or the column cleared area and that seems to have fixed it. I attached it so you could see what I was talking about. SO my question is, is there a way to keep the range from being affected and causing the errors or is the way I did it the only way to keep it working (other than doing the additem into the list box on workbook activation)?