Posts by cs2007

Re: Click cells keep them highlighted

I already tried that but not solved the problem.

Quote from cytop;653391

Try zooming your worksheet to anything other than 100%, then back to normal. Does it clear...?

Hi,

I am using window 7 with excel 2010 and when click a cell it highlight the cell and when click another cell it keep highlight for the previous clicked cells too. it is not the case and issue with F8 key.

Re: Number Of Days Between Julian Day & Current Dates

Thanks for replying,
    But I dont like to use the claculator, I want to know the concept, and how to obtain the JD of a specific date.

Suppose someone ask me, what is the JD in '1982/01/01'

P.S:
    The Julian day or Julian day number (JDN) is the integer number of days that have elapsed since the initial epoch defined as noon Universal Time (UT) Monday, January 1, 4713 BC in the proleptic Julian calendar.[1] That noon-to-noon day is counted as Julian day 0. Thus the multiples of 7 are Mondays. Negative values can also be used, although those predate all recorded history.

Now at 16:25, Thursday May 15, 2008 (UTC) the JDN is 2454603. The remainder of this value divided by 7 is 4, an integer expression for the day of the week with 0 representing Monday.

Hello everybody,

As I searched I see that JD "Julian Day" started from '4713/01/01' BC, counted 1 noon at noon.

and suppose we are now in '2008/05/16', what is the algorithm of finding the days from '4713/01/01' BC through '2008/05/16'?

if it is with detail, very nice of you...

Re: Display Related Data For Chosen Item

Thanks very much, it is working well.

But instead "SelectionChange", is it possible to show hyperlink on column A, those rows which has "Code" not blank, when another student info added then the hyperlink show on the code of that student too?[hr]*[/hr] Auto Merged Post;[dl]*[/dl]Bump[hr]*[/hr] Auto Merged Post;[dl]*[/dl]Bump

Re: Hyperlink Pass The Data To Another Sheet

Quote from Dave Hawley

You are making it a lot harder than it needs to be. Simply create a PivotTable and drop the "Code" field into the Page Field.

Then you can filter down by "code" and/or use the Show Pages... feature of the PivotTable to create x new Sheets with only that persons details on.

Thanks for the info, but here they asked to do something like this[hr]*[/hr] Auto Merged Post;[dl]*[/dl]

Quote from Bill Rockenbach

Assuming your sudent ID is in column A (or any column you want to use) put this code in the data sheet module. When you select the students ID it will copy the students data as defined in your code.

Code
    Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
        If Not Intersect(Target, Columns(1)) Is Nothing Then

'code to copy target data to report sheet

End If
    End Sub

May I request you, how the data can be copied to the desired sheets and columns, because I dont much vba in excel

Re: Put Chosen Picture In Comment & Retrieve Picture On Other Sheet

Yeah for sure, I appreciate if you do it through button click (coding)...Thanks

[No questions not fitting under your choice of thread title allowed][hr]*[/hr] Auto Merged Post;[dl]*[/dl]I got new idea, and wanted to share it...
    If instead of putting picture in comment, just we store the name of the picture in cell, and by "FileCopy" method we copy the picture to a specific folder where our workbook is located, and then we use "Image" control on the sheet, and get the path of the workbook, concatenate with the folder, and then concatenate the name of the picture which is located in the cell...and use it as parameter of "LoadPicture" function...[hr]*[/hr] Auto Merged Post;[dl]*[/dl]Got new idea!!!
    If instead of storing picture in comment, we just store the picture name in the cell "Photo", and then via "FileCopy" method we copy the picture into a specific folder where our workbook is located, then for retrieving, we put an "Image" control on Report sheet, then we get the path of the workbook, concatenate with the foldername, concatenate with the picture name which is in cell, and pass this as parameter of the "LoadPicture" function...