Posts by rockettpunk

Here's a little joke bit of code I made for a friend of mine who takes things a little seriously at work!

Just run it and wait... :spin:

Have fun!

(To make it a little more authentic you might want to change some of the labels on the userform. Or if anyone has anyway of detecting these automatically lemme know and I'll update the post!)

Click HERE as it is 400ish KB and is too large to upload to this forum.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I have tweaked the code a little, I will add the updated section of code once I get home tonight... it now correctly shows the drive letter of your systems main hard disk and also the total capacity in the correct fields to (almost) correctly emulate the format screen!! :)

-----------------------------------------------------------

This replaces every bit of code in userform1...

Re: Open Workbook Window On Top Of UserForm

David, I used yours in the end, but it still looked a little untidy, so rather than bringing up the file I just built a form so that the user can enter the details and it will copy to that spreadsheet automatically!

Thanks all!

Nice simple one hopefuly,

I have searched to no avail, so I will ask you lovely guys here!

Using the Web Browser object in VBA, how do I set the home page etc...

If anyone has some sort of resource for some settings I would be so grateful!

Thanks in advance!

Tim[hr]*[/hr] Auto Merged Post Until 24 Hrs Passes;[dl]*[/dl]Found it!

I used

Code
    Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
    Me.WebBrowser1.Navigate2 "Home page address goes here"
    End Sub

Re: Opening Workbook In New Window From Userform

Thanks for the quick reply!

Ok, I understand how to hide the userform on loading the new workbook. What would the code look like for showing it again on closing of the new workbook?

Also where would this go? Would it have to go in the Workbook_Deactivate part of the newly opened workbook? Because if so, that would cause problems with people opening the file directly from explorer (ie. not from my userform) and then closing when they are done with it.

Hi again,

I have a userform with several buttons on, each doing seperate tasks, three of the buttons however are used to load a workbook stored elsewhere in our central data storage drive.

Loading these workbooks is not the problem, the problem is when loading these they load up behind the userform and not in a new window.

Could someone help me with this one please?

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Hi guys!

Just a little silly one that I can't fathom, be it that I'm tired or just plain stupid :wink:

All i want is a way, on clicking a button on my userform, where i can bring up a quote randomly picked from a list of quotes and sayings which I will input.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!

Hi!

I have built a simple little logger for logging insurance policies set up without permission, at the moment it logs all data in sheet2 of the active workbook.

What I want it to do is when submit is clicked is to export and save the data to a seperate (central) workbook to collate all entries and not to save it in the active workbook.

I've inlcluded the file and the code is as follows;

Re: Display Username & Greeting Based On Hour Of Opening File

Sorry I'm new to this!

Of course all credit to the author for the original code! Very useful![hr]*[/hr] Auto Merged Post Until 24 Hrs Passes;[dl]*[/dl]Sussed it...

Thanks to everyone who helped!

Hi guys!!

I'm using this code

to display the desired message "Good morning / afternoon ..." etc but it will only bring up the user id - which in my case is "allent1", I would like it to say "Tim" or have "stagemn" as "Nat" etc...

Anyone have a solution?

:)