Posts by Philosophaie

My OneDrive has a file location as:
    "https://d.docs.live.net/1a22bb33ccc44ddd/path/file.xlsm"

How do I save my Excel file to a online network drive?

How do you manipulate an already open Excel Application and Workbook on the Desktop from your current App and Workbook.

You must change:

Code
    Set exlWb = exlApp.Workbooks.Open("C:\Users\User\path\File.xls")

To Change from an Excel Application not on the Desktop

I am trying to extrapolate a line of 7 data points that produce a somewhat linear graph. I have tried this. It did not work:

Re: Display Alerts to save Workbook

Added the above code just as typed and still get the popup save dialog box:

This is my code.

It still displays the save popup after visiting the workbook.

Is there anything else I can do to stop exlBook.Close from showing the save dialog box?

I moved:

Code
    Application.EnableEvents = False  Application.DisplayAlerts = False

further down in the program after exlApp but it still gives a Save popup from the exlBook.Close.

How do I stop this popup?

I am still getting Display Alerts when the Workbook is closing to save Workbook.

Re: Loop to find string, copy down until it sees the next (diff) string from list

If you are using Excel 2007 or above you need to add to the "Quick AccessToolbar". Right-Click the down arrow on that toolbar and select "MoreCommands". From the left ComboBox select "All Commands". Youwill need: Command Button (ActiveX Control) and all the rest of "ActiveXControls", also needed are View Code, View Macro, Record Macro, DesignMode, and whatever else you think you may need. Group the "ActiveX Controls" and the rest with Separators to neaten things up.

Code
    [FONT=Times New Roman][size=12][COLOR=#000000]Sub [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]Fill()
             For k = 10 To Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(Rows.Count, "C").End(xlUp).Row
                       'copies column C to B
                       Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(k, "B") = Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(k, "C")
                       'copies column C to column B in Sheet2
                       Sheets("Sheet2").Cells(k, "B") = Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(k, "C")
                       'copies column D to Column C in Sheet2
                       Sheets("Sheet2").Cells(k, "C") = Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(k, "E")
             Next k
    End Sub

Below code resides in "ThisWorkbook" and successfully stores in both locations.

"c:\mypath\file.xlsm" is the current document.

My problem is after "Workbook_BeforeClose" before Excel closes a prompt to Save the current workbook appears.

How do I stop the popup save dialog box from ever happening?

Re: VBA Excel to transpose multiple rows and multiple column

Namexxxyyyzzz
    Emailxxxyyyzzz
    Phonexxxyyyzzz
    Addressxxxyyyzzz
    NameEmailPhoneAddress
    xxxxxxxxxxxx
    yyyyyyyyyyyy
    zzzzzzzzzzzz

If you have not populated the "Quick Access Toolbar" it is rather important.

[FONT=&quot]If you are using Excel 2007 or above you need to add to the "Quick Access Toolbar". Right-Click the down arrow on that toolbar and select "More Commands". From the left ComboBox select "All Commands". You will need: Command Button (ActiveX Control) and all the rest of "ActiveX Controls", also needed are View Code, View Macro, Record Macro, Design Mode, and whatever else you think you may need. Group the "ActiveX Controls" and the rest with Separators to neaten things up.[/FONT]

You can type into the "View Macro" box "Transpose" an click "Create" then insert my code.

I am trying to run function "Data" every 10 Minutes.

Re: One column to multiple

[FONT=&quot] If you are using Excel 2007 or above you need to add to the "Quick Access Toolbar". Right-Click the down arrow on that toolbar and select "More Commands". From the left ComboBox select "All Commands". You will need: Command Button (ActiveX Control) and all the rest of "ActiveX Controls", also needed are View Code, View Macro, Record Macro, Design Mode, and whatever else you think you may need. Group the "ActiveX Controls" and the rest with Separators to neaten things up. [/FONT]

In "View Macro" create a new macro, "Macro1".

Hope this is enough.

Re: Remove duplicate record comparing two worksheets

This works for me. Make sure the Names of the Sheets are "New Customers" and "Sold Customers" respectively.vbcrlf

Re: Remove duplicate record comparing two worksheets

If you are using Excel 2007 or above you need to add to the "Quick Access Toolbar". Right-Click the downarrow on that toolbar and select "More Commands". From the left Combobox select "All Commands". You will need: Command Button (ActiveX Control), all the rest of "ActiveX Controls", View Code, View Macro, Record Macro, Design Mode, and whatever else you think you may need then group the "ActiveX Controls" and the rest with Separators to neaten things up.

Re: Naming Range based on Cell contents

[COLOR="#FF0000"]MODERATE EDIT[/COLOR]
    Please use code tags when posting VBA code. I've added them for you this time only.
    To add tags, select all of the code then click the button with the # symbol on it.

Error code: "Data source name not found and no default driver specified"

The connection key works for an SQLConnection/Command statement. I am uncertain if it will work here.