Posts by alreynolds2003

Additional Info

We have a series of account numbers in a column in excel. The list of accounts changes weekly and there are numerous accounts. Instead of typing each account number manually, we would like to create a query to search for information on these accounts. So we would like to find a way in excel to grab the account numbers in all the rows for the column and separate them by a apostrophe, comma apostrophe (formatting the accounts in character format). and then grab that value and pull it into a query as part of the select clause.

Is there way to grab a series of numeric values in a column, put them in a single cell and format them so that they are separated by commas and formatted as character data. We would like to do a search on numeric values as characters in a query. What is the maximum amount of values you can use in a select clause? Any ideas? I am so glad that forums exist!! Thanks in advance!

I have a selected range. In the range, both integer and string data types exist. I only want to add the integer data types. In excel it ignores the string data types by default. Is there anything special I have to do? I am trying to sum up a range of 2 variables so I am also wondering how I can sum up two variables and throw them into a 3rd variable.

Hello all,

I have the same file and I want to have multiple copies to give to multiple people. Almost like a timesheet. The file will be stored on a network drive in a folder located in p:/timesheet. Inside there will be folders with each person's name, inside the folder will contain each person's file. I would like to restrict access to the excel doc by prompting for a password before opening the file

I apologize for my posting errors. I have the form set up so that when I do a print selection that everything prints out exactly the way I want it to.... It just I don' t want the USERS to have to go to file->Print and select the print selection option b/c half the time they will forget and it will waste a lot of paper. Any help on the code on how to do this for them instead of trusting they will be mindful enough to remember to do it would be greatly appreciated!

I am creating a form for some users and I would like them to be able to "print selection" I have come to the conclusion that if I have them go to File>Print and then click the print selection button every day that sometimes they might forget to select the print selection option. Is there a way to code it, or some reference to a "How to" to make a command button on the sheet that would automatically print the selection.

Thank you so much for helping me out Jack. The selection is not going to be static. The document is going to contain #'s of a person's work for the entire year, entered daily. I would like for them to select the rows for the days of the current week on friday (which are listed in column a. So they will usually be selecting 5 or 6 rows. I have got it to print correctly by highlighting the rows I want and then going to "print selection". Everything fits perfectly. If you would like to know more feel free to ask, but I think what you have given me so far has been of great help.... Thanks for the code examples.

Adam

I am creating a form for some users and I would like them to be able to "print selection" I have come to the conclusion that if I have them go to File>Print and then click the print selection button every day that sometimes they might forget to select the print selection option. Is there a way to code it, or some reference to a "How to" to make a command button on the sheet that would automatically print the selection.

Greetings,

I have a excel doc set up. For each month it totals the columns and rows for each type and for each day. I want the user to select the rows only (to select only the days for a certain week and print the weekly information) The problem is if they are selecting rows for the middle of the month they do not get the month name and field name included b/c they are only selecting rows. "Is there a way to include the Month name and field names (which in the doc, are separated by month and under the month contains the field names) when printing using the print selection method?" I thought of using a header or footer, but can't figure out how to do it when printing a selection.