Posts by razorsharp192

Re: Highlight lowest values based on criteria

Hi

that wont work as the list is ever expanding, so i'd have to sort it every time I fill it in

Quote from NBVC;783324

Try using this as your conditional formula:

=AND(B2=MIN(IF(A$2:A$3000=A2,B$2:B$3000)))

That seems to be working! but... where I have hotels in column A and no costs in column B (I have Hotel 1, 2, 3 copied down so I can just fill in the figures when I search) it stops the conditional formatting from working, but if I remove all the "template" hotel names in column A, it works fine. Any ideas? Ideally I don't want to copy the hotel names each time I fill it in.

Quote from Logit;783316

Try this :

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71008[/ATTACH]

Hi, that's just highlighting all the lowest 3 prices, all the £600, £700 and £800 values. It isn't matching the lowest prices per hotel e.g. it's showing 3 prices for Hotel 2, whereas it should only be showing £600 for Hotel 2.

Hi, all that's doing it showing the lowest 3 values, it isn't matching it up to the particular hotels

Hi all

I'm working on a spreadsheet to help with holiday searching. Each day I search holidays and enter the hotel and cost into a spreadsheet. I want the spreadsheet to highlight the cheapest cost (lowest value) for each hotel I input. I've put together the below example, Column A is the hotel and Column B is the Cost. I want the spreadsheet to automatically highlight the lowest cost for each hotel, so for example in the below list, the cheapest cost for "Hotel 1" is £800, "Hotel 2" is £700, and "Hotel 3" is £600, so it's these cells i'd want highlighting. I'm guessing conditional formatting is the answer, but I can't figure out the formula to get it to work.

I've got it to work to show the value when I put this formula in a cell, but I want the cells themsevles to highlight. This is what I have (end value set at 3000 since the list will be ever expanding as I complete it each day):

=MIN(IF(A$2:A$3000=A2,IF(B$2:B$3000<>"",B$2:B$3000)))

Any help is much appreciated!

[TABLE="width: 240"]

[tr]

[td]

(A) HOTEL

[/td]

[td]

(B) Cost

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

Hotel 1

[/td]

[td]

£800

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

Hotel 2

[/td]

[td]

£800

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

Hotel 3

[/td]

[td]

£800

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

Hotel 2

[/td]

[td]

£700

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

Hotel 3

[/td]

[td]

£900

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

Hotel 2

[/td]

[td]

£900

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

Hotel 3

[/td]

[td]

£600

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

Hotel 2

[/td]

[td]

£1,000

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

Hotel 1

[/td]

[td]

£1,000

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

Hotel 1

[/td]

[td]

£1,100

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

Hotel 1

[/td]

[td]

£1,200

[/td]

[/tr]

[/TABLE]

I need a formula that If One Cell Equals Certain Text, Then Another Cell Equals The Value Of Another Cell...

at the mo i've got

=IF(A2="PAID OUT", "OK", "Not OK")

but instead of the cell reading OK or Not OK, i need it to equal another cell. ie, if A2="PAID OUT", then =B2

how do i do that?