Posts by joop

I have a spreadsheet with 900 rows. All of the rows hold different information. The first column has contents such as this:

This is the text (please remove me)
    This is some more text (I need to be removed too)

I want to remove from every cell, everything in the brackets - so everything from the first open brackets to the end of the cell contents). Every cell is a different length and the information within the brackets is different.

Please could someone help me?

thanks

I have a spreadsheet with over 1000 rows. In one of the cells is a large description, the last part of which is the measurements. For example a cell could look as follows:

This pair of binoculars is fantastic. Measurements: Height 20cm Width 10cm

Each description is different but I want to remove everthing from the word 'Measurement' and after to another cell. So the description cell would now say 'This pair of binoculars is fantastic' and the Measurement cell would say 'Measurements: Height 20cm Width 10cm'.

As each description cell differs in length, I just can't figure out how to do this. Can anyone help?

thanks
    Joop

Re: insert contents of cell into text

sorry, me again. Also in Cell A1, the amount is 21.53 but when you view the cell it is actually 21.5345. The amount that is displayed when using the formula ="Old Price "&A1&"" is 21.5345. I want this to just display it to two decimal places.....

Re: insert contents of cell into text

I've just searched and have found the answer but still need a bit more help. I"ve found this command

="Old Price "&A1&""

However I have html codes around the text as I'm going to copy all the entries in D5.

So D5 actually looks like this....

!!<<FONT COLOR="RED">Old Price £xx</FONT>!!

I don't know where to put the codes etc and the tags.

thanks again

I've tried searching for this but I'm not really sure what's it's called...

In cell A1 i have a figure - for example 21.53. In cell D5 I have text that reads 'Old price XX'

I would like to take the entry in A1 and insert it into the xx in D5. I know this must be soooo easy but I can't think what to call it when i search for it either on this forum on on the excel help.

thanks.....

Hi,

Up until now i have used excel to manage orders that are exported into csv files. There are three files created, Person, Orderlines and Orders with a field that links the Person/orders and another field that links the Orderlines/orders files.

I've imported these three files into access and now have three tables in access - and have linked them in relationships on the fields above.

And that's really as far as I've got this time. I've tried before but don't seem to be able to get the data to show as I would like it.

I wary of saying 'I want it to do this and this' as I don't think it's fair to ask here for someone to write it for me, but I'm stuck as to where to go next. I'll give a brief description on what I want so that someone might be able to point me in the direction of a previous post that might help, or a tutorial that will help me do what I want (trouble with tutorials is they teach me to do something unrelated to what i want!).

I want a form that shows all the orders by Order No, Person, Total Cost, VAT, Shipping

On any of these lines I want to be able to click on a person and that will open up another form that shows that person's details and in a window below, all the orderlines for that person by order number (and lists of any other orders that person has had).

I want to bring in another table that shows the cost price for all products so I can then show the profit figure for each order and by month/year etc.

Vat amounts by month

On the system I use, someone can enter Mr J Smith and the next time John Smith and although all other details are the same, the contact ID will be a new one so I need a method of searching for duplicates like this and saying 'this person is this person'.

Hum... bit of a longer post than I originally thought but if anyone can point me in the right direction then Thank you!

Hi Jindon,

Another question on the forumula. I ran the macro, and then undid it all to see it work again, but the totals were still on the Master holding page. does this mean I don't actually need to run the macro just have the "=IF(ISNA(MATCH(A2,Orderlines!A:A,0)),"",SUMIF(Orderlines!A:A,A2,Orderlines!J:J))
    then filldown" bit on the front page?

I still want the second tab to look how you've done it, but was just wondering about the formula.

Thanks Tarzan,
    It's working in part but...

It's adding the extra lines on the 'Master holding place page' and not on the orderlines page - it isn't doing anything to that page.

It's taking the value in column J on the Master holding place page and putting it in the row below in column A.

It should total the column J on the orderlines page and put this value in Row K on the Master holding page.

The rows and columns mentioned here are based on the spreadsheet I've attached. Sorry if there's any confusion.

thanks

I’m trying to do something in excel which I’m not sure it’s capable of.

I have a spreadsheet that has two tabs.

The first tab is the ‘top line’ data that shows the order details. The second tab holds the orderlines. The two are linked by a sequence number.

On the second tab I want to:

- Insert a two row everytime the sequence number (column A) changes.

So if it is like this

I want it to be this:

I then want it to total the column J in the second spreadsheet based on the sequence number like this:

Column A Column J
    23 2.5
    23 2.6

24 6.5

25 6.00
    25 7.00
    25 .50

I then want it to take the totals in column J and put it in the first tab in column S based again on the sequence number.

Am I asking too much?