Posts by jolivanes

In Sheet2 of my workbook, I have pictures. All are named, some picture1, picture2 etc and others something like Matcheless1955, BSARoadRocket etc. I would like to print all the names of the pictures in a different sheet in column A (Sheet1 maybe). The reason for this is to use these pictures in an excel picture viewer downloaded from Andy Pope's site (Thanks Andy) and to have the names for the listbox.
    Thank you very much

Sub TryThis()
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Columns("A:A").TextToColumns Destination:=Range("B1"), DataType:=xlDelimited, _
    TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote, ConsecutiveDelimiter:=False, Tab:=False, _
    Semicolon:=False, Comma:=False, Space:=False, Other:=True, OtherChar:=".", _
    FieldInfo:=Array(Array(1, 1), Array(2, 1))
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
    End Sub

If you have just 2 experiences separated by a period, this will work. It assumes that your experiences are in column A and it will put the seperated experiences in column B and C. Change for your needs.

Hi Dennis.

Thank you very much. I have not mastered it yet but I'll keep on plugging away at it. One more question if you don't mind.
    At the moment I save charts to be used in the user form as follows:
    Sub ExportVerticalJPG()
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Sheets("Vert. Section").Select
    ActiveChart.Export Filename:="c:\UserFormCharts\Vertical.jpg", FilterName:="jpg"
    Sheets("Plotting").Select
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
    End Sub
    I'll then open the picture in Irfanview, resize it and save it again. Now it is the size that fits in the picture box. How could I enter this in the code above so the pictures / graphs are saved at the right size without me having to go through Irfanview? I think that a percentage of the original graph, they are mostly page size, would be the preferred way.
    Thank you in advance.

I have pictures (charts saved as .jpg pictures) being called into a user form.
    The pictures are in a file. All this works fine. However, I would like to have a copy of the workbook for a memory stick and therefor would like to have the pictures being pulled from Sheet2. This is where I run into a brick wall. Everything I tried failed. The pictures copied into Sheet2 are Picture 1, Picture 2, Picture 3 etc. The working language is as follows:

Private Sub OptionButton1_Click()
    Image1.Picture = LoadPicture("D:\My Documents\My Pictures\FivePercent A.jpg")
    End Sub

To pull the pictures from Sheet2, I tried following:
    Shape.LoadFromFile (Sheets("Sheet2").Shapes("Picture 1"))
    Object.LoadFromFile (Sheets("Sheet2").Shapes("Picture 1"))

Where am I going wrong?
    Thank you in advance
    John

Since you want to forward it electronically, how about right clicking on the personal.xls file, choose "mail recipient", choose the e-mail addresses and click "Send". You should also be able to attach it to an e-mail>

Changed it around

Gentlemen,
    None of the changes I tried did really speed things up considerably. I do appreciate your guys's help though. I have worked around it by making this part of the macro part of the print routine, if indeed used, so it does not slow the rest of the macro down.
    Again, thanks for the help. I will be back with more problems to solve.
    John

Thanks you guys

Roy. Yes I have used that. There is a considerable difference in slowdown because of the screenupdating and the margin settings. Thanks anyway.
    Dave. Sounds interesting. I'll have to try that. Thank you very much.
    Richie. I have copied this and will try it also. I will let you guys if any of this worked. Thanks again.
    John

I have the following in my macro:

Code
    With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
            .LeftMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.45)
            .RightMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.31)
            .TopMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.82)
            .BottomMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.5)
            .HeaderMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.5)
            .FooterMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.5)
    End With

This really made it run slower. I have inserted the "ActiveSheet.DisplayPageBreaks = False" as per Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 199505 but that did not help. The "Page Breaks" check box in Tools - Options - View - Window options is clear.
    So far I have been unable to find anything else about this problem.
    Anyone has an option that works?
    Your help is very much appreciated
    John