Posts by samuels90

Using Shift + End + Arrow to select range

Dave: I hope I changed the title in the correct way.

Parsnip: Here is all of my code:

I am setting up the criteria section to execute the advance filter procedure.

Thank you for your help.

Hello All,

I am attempting to dynamically select a range,

Code
    Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToRight)).Select

but I am getting a 1004 error.

I got this code from the recorder. Can someone tell me why it does not work, and whether there is a much simplier way to do the same thing?

Grateful!

Re: Match Function In Vba Returning Error

Readify,

Thank you for your patience. Maybe it is because I am not good at math why I did not get your code;

Code
    If range("C4").offset(i,0).value="A" Then

it does not make enough sense to me.

I am not saying that bbromley code is right, but his logic may be. Your suggestion;

Code
    Range("C4", Range("C" & i))

may not be appropriate when i=1,2,3 or even 4, based on your argument.

It would be more appropriate if bbromley make his own case, but don't be afraid to school me if I just plain crazee.

No problem!

Re: Comment In Spreadsheet Without Wordwrap

Joseph, JL:

The comment is in column E.

I see ur point about the column width, but I am looking for a tidier, more dynamic option.
    I see where I would use that solution in some circumstances if I cannot find something more robust.

Cheer!

Re: Coding Sum If For Multiple Criteria

Thank you.

Perhaps you could help me to fix this Select Case coding.

Hey everyone,

I need to find a value in a pivot table with a range of values over 12 months (Book5) when 3 criteria are met, Branch#, LOB# and Month#. Sum(if() works for the 1st month, but I do not know how to do the coding when the month changes.

Attached are copies of the two files I am working with and my coding so far.

Has anyone ever dealt with a similar challenge?

Thank you.

Re: Selecting A Range Of Cells Relative To The Current Cell

Andy,

ur right, I want it to paste in the range A31.R50. That is why I am trying to use the offset to pick up 29 rows and 18 columns irrespective of where the activecell is located.

thank you for hanging in there with me.

samuels90

HeY everyone,

I want to select a range of cell relative to A2 then copy and paste that range 12 times.
    See my coding below. I have been getting a Warning box titled "Microsoft Visual Basic"
    (X) 400.

Can anyone see what I am not doing correctly.

Thank you.