Posts by samuels90

I am doing a VLookup, but it does not work because the cell content I am looking up is somehow not the same as the cell content I am looking to pull from.

When I copy the info. I am looking up from the source to the target, the lookup works.

Has anyone else ever had this problem?

Thank you for the help.

I have a list of accounts which should all be 4 digits, however, in the process of downloading to excel, I usually lose those accounts which starts with 0(zero). Can you help me with a technique to place a zero in front of the accounts with only 3 digits?

Thank you.

One can use the Dateif function to figure out the number of months if one has the starting month & the ending month. What methodology would provide the "starting month", if one has the ending month and the number of months?

Can someone explain to me the meaning of the vlookup formula?

I understand the 1st part to be the "match" you're looking for.
    The 2nd part is the database you're looking in starting with the "match" you're looking for.
    The 3rd part is the cell which contains the "characteristic" of the "match" that is not in the spreadsheet.

Re: Database manipulation

Revenue Reclass 8,340.00 Gl Je
    Revenue Reclass 3,222.50 Gl Je
    Revenue Reclass 4,794.30 Gl Je
    Revenue Reclass (8,016.80) Gl Je
    Revenue Reclass (8,340.00) Gl Je
    Revenue Reclass (5,131.15) Gl Je
    Revenue Reclass 5,131.15 Gl Je
    Revenue Reclass 1,157.05 Gl Je
    Revenue Reclass 45,526.50 Gl Je
    Revenue Reclass (46,683.55) Gl Je
    Revenue Reclass (101,467.02) Gl Je
    Revenue Reclass 101,467.02 Gl Je
    Revenue Reclass 3,350.00 Gl Je
    Revenue Reclass (3,350.00) Gl Je
    Revenue Reclass (15,152.62) Gl Je
    Revenue Reclass (52,519.17) Gl Je
    Revenue Reclass 728.15 Gl Je

I have a database of 1,100 items, some of the items zero out each other(ex. 10 & -10), but it is very time consuming to go through these lines manually. Does anyone have a methodology to isolate the items that zero out each other.

Thank you for your help.

We have 8 regions reporting the account reconciliation to us in 8 different files. I am looking for suggestions of an efficient method of grabbing all those files, without copying and pasting, into one sheet.

I have an amortization schedule that is driven by date. I would like to write a statement that say if my schedule has not over amortized then change the date, otherwise keep the last date of amortization.

eg. =if(condition<0,change month according to formula, keep date that is there)

I have a database of 1,800 rows. The records are Capitalizable leases which I would like to put in similar buckets, i.e. similar original lease period, number of yrs to maturity, and interest rates. I read in an Excel Data Analysis book a couple years ago that a pivot table could pull these numbers together much easier than for me to insert rows, and calculate each segments. However, I do not know how to do it.

I have a spreadsheet with many sheets on which I would like to enter the month end date. I would like to automate this, but I don't know the code to "go to the next sheet (without giving the sheet a number)."

How do I incorporate a dialog box in my macro? EX. one section of my procedure requires me to select the current month from a list of 12 months.

What does this code mean? I used it to move one column over from the active cell. Is this correct?

ActiveCell.Offset(0, 1).Select

The code below I am using to write the text into the active cell. Is this correct?

ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "'40070"

I would like my macro to paste information into the first 2 columns and then write in constant string in the next two columns.

In addition, I would like to know how I might make the numerals in a column become negative. For ex., I have positive numbers from rows 1 thru 10, and want the inverse of these numbers in rows 11 thru 20.

Here is what my macro looks like now.

[vba]Dim CHECK As Integer
    Do While CHECK < 2385
    CHECK = CHECK + 1

Application.Goto Reference:="r2c4"
    Range("D" & CHECK & ":E" & CHECK).Select
    Selection.Copy
    Selection.End(xlDown).Select
    ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
    ActiveCell.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
    ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "'40070"
    ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "'51"

Loop

End Sub[/vba]

How do I write a dynamic range in VB? For ex. I would like to copy the area
    : b1 to d10, one row at a time. i.e. b1..d1, then return to to b2, select
    : b2..d2 and copy that range until all ten rows are copied.
    :
    : Any thoughts?
    :