Posts by stillfind'nnemo

Still Stuck

sumif didnt work. It returns a null value - is it because criteria im checking is text

My equation is

=sumif('sheet3c:c,'sheet2a1')+sumif('sheet3f:f,"sick") - with all correct punc, cant remember when I typed up

Basically I have a list of staff in column C, with column F containing if sick, late, holiday, etc
    Need to count how many sick, late, holiday each member of staff has had and is logged in column F

Any more ideas

I need to be able to compare values in a number of rows and return the total sum of matches. Two problems,
    1st, the number of rows to compare from will always be increased and the count needs to be done real time
    2nd, Im guessing its going to be a nested function of some kind - but the ones I have researched (vlookup etc) only appear to compare one column at a time

Eg
    Columns A - F have detail on sheet 1
    Sheet 2 needs totals of Every Column C with values (sheet 1) that matches criteria as well as column F (again sheet1)

I have searched the old threads and am none the wiser, but Im thinking maybe countif nested ? Another problem is Im almost sure I cant compare amongst multiple sheets so if thats true, I could still use help with the formula, but I will just work on Sheet 1 to get results, and copy to sheet 2

Any ideas

Hi
    I managed to get some help from Willr t'other day with regard cutting and pasting into the next available row on a different sheet
    The code is coming up with an error and Im so stuck, im now stickier than non pva based glue.
    It says Run Time Error 1004, Method 'CutCopyMode' of object'_Application' failed

Code is

Any ideas ? Im using excel 97 on NT platform.

Im having some difficulty with the code you suggested.
    I copied it into the command-on click thing so it would do it with a click on the box, and it keeps crashing
    Comes up with Unexpected error (32811)

I am going to try it with a new macro and shortcut key - see if that helps
    Also, and rather strangely it worked once or twice but not in the same order

I remember you cause of the penguin - But - my memory stinks so may of been someone totally different. My username changed cause I moved jobs and lost the password.

Sub Macro6()
    '
    ' Macro6 Macro
    ' Macro recorded 21/07/2004 by Licensed User
    '

'
    Range("B10:J10").Select
    Selection.Copy
    Sheets("collated info").Select
    Range("A1").Select
    Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _
    False, Transpose:=False
    Range("B4").Select
    End Sub

Currently there is also no way of me only running the macro should details be there - ie no blank cells. Is there a way of checking this too ?

I need to keep track of peoples status, and have based a s/sheet on something similar I once used but have hit a brick wall in copying.
    Essentially I have a records page, where info can be added and my thoughts are on a macro to copy this one row, and put it into a seperate sheet, where results can then be calculated on number of entries etc

The problem though is ...
    As I record macros, every time I put a new record in, it simply overwrites the original. Any help on how I can amend the macro code to put it in the next available row on the new sheet ?

Many thanks

Rob
    Where is that Damn Fish ?