Posts by wakkoguy

Yes! it works, thank you very much but how did you do it? i noticed some new formulas in column C on the "totals" sheet. Why did you need these?
    and can you explain them? thanx!

I know how to lock a cell within a locked workbook. However, how can i lock a cell with a different password from that of the workbook? thanx!

ok I'm confused on your formulas
    I can't figure out how to manipulate them so i can put them wherever i want.
    can you explain them to me? if possible.

Awesome!
    that's exactly what i wanted! I can fix the third sheet myself by just setting it to grab the first from the list, the second, etc.
    I have to go to work but i will work on it tomorrow and let you know how it works out. thank you very much!

I uploaded a sample of my workbook. it's just to figure out what to do then i will format it.

Rankings are automatically entered at the beginning of the month. I want the "17 chart" sheet to automatically read the rankings from the rankings sheet and put the names in descending order (by rank basically) on the "people on shift" sheet. Then i want the "17 chart" sheet to pull from the "people on shift" sheet and arrange them in the according stations automatically. so everything on the "17 chart" should be automated so the user can not change anything. Does that make sense? thanx for your help!
    please let me know what you think would be the best way to do this.

I am trying to create a spreadsheet where a ranking system can be inserted and updated.

I have one worksheet where people are ranked. mark 1, paul 2, etc and goes down like that.
    The next worksheet has a list of "sections" where people would go in ranking order. However, not everyone on the ranking page will be on the sections sheet. I want to be able to put someone like Paul on the sections sheet and he will be placed in ranking order. for example i have paul 2, jim 4, suzy 7. I want the sections sheet to put them in ranking order. How can i do this? The ranking worksheet has one cell for the name and a seperate cell for the ranking order.

thanx!