Posts by Jdesapio

Trying to select and retrieve data (e.g.) Name , Adress, Telephone..etc. from information that is stored on Sheet9.. While I am on sheet1 just buy typing in
    only the Name
    Name ABC Company of Florida...(only type this cell) and the rest fills in ?
    Address 1234 West Street
    Miami, FL. 00000
    Tel # 305-555-1234
    I see it done on many programs but don't have a clue
    Thank you,
    James

I want a "conditional" drop-down list where the values of other cells on the sheet (A16:G16 ) will change depending on what is selected from the dropdown?

Each item in the dropdown will have a corresponding "menu" sheet associated with it. Each time I make a selection from the dropdown Menu, the data range (A16:G16) should be automatically populated with the data from that selected item's corresponding sheet? Each sheet is a differnt menu.
    What do you think
    James

This what I came up with so far..not good
    I have a drop down box on Sheet1 in C1. It drops down 7 spaces need more choices
    How do I enter selections to pick from, assuming I have my selection of data on Sheets...3,4,5,6,7,etc. how to I get the Sheets to Sheet1 @ A16 thru G16

To be clear to you, I am hoping to have a choice to pick from the drop box, e.g. Menu1 which is located on Sheet3 or pick Menu2 which is on Sheet4 or Menu3 located on Sheet5 and so on...am I making this clear ? It makes sense in my head
    So far I did as follows;
    Go to Insert -> Names -> Define, in the upper box, type in a name, e.g. "MENU" (w/o the quotes). in text box at the bottom I type in this formula ...
    =Sheet1!$A$16:$G$16 Hit 'Add', then 'Ok'.

Select cell C1. Went to Data -> Validation, changed the drop down box to MENU. Then in the Source box type =MENU
    I really need help
    Thanks James

Jindon
    This time I can say thank you for everything, you really help me out
    All is working the way I need it to thanks to you, Sorry it took up so much of your time.
    Talk to you again, next ....only if you don't mind
    Thanks James

Jindon.. Sorry (I keep calling you Rollin)

I spoke to soon........the F problem is solved.....now I am back to the problem were it only goes to A 17 on top of what is previously there.
    How do we make it that each click sends it to the next line as it was before

Jindon.. Sorry

I spoke to soon........the F problem is solved.....now I am back to the problem were it only goes to A 17 on top of what is previously there.
    How do we make it that each click sends it to the next line as it was before

Jindon, This is what I have in VBA ...It works the way it should, except for the part of going past column F
    I can,t see where the problem is and its at this point..

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)
    Dim ws2 As Worksheet
    Set ws2 = Sheets("Sheet2")
    With Target
    If .Column <> 1 Then Exit Sub
    .Resize(, 6).Copy Destination:= _
    ws2.Range("a17")
    End With
    Set ws2 = Nothing
    End Sub

Still Need more help
    The code is still carrying over the complete row from Sheet1 to sheet2 to limit the Rows to only tranfer column A,B,C,D,E,F.......
    When I w-click on A now it sends all of the row and replaces everything after column F....which is data I need to keep
    all is good with your code except for this problem.
    To refresh your mind ..every time I w-click on any A on sheet1 it should send that row to sheet2 (and it does)
    I need to stop it from send anything else but B,C,D,E,F......
    Sorry Just let me know when you get tired of this....
    Thanks
    James

Jindon
    Need a little more help

Can I change the MACRO code to allow the Sheet1 transfer to sheet2 to limit the Rows to only tranfer column A,B,C,D,E,F.......
    When I w-click on A now it sends all of the row and replaces everything after column F....which is data I need to keep

James

Need a little more help

Can I change the MACRO code to allow the Sheet1 transfer to sheet2 to limit the Rows to only tranfer column A,B,C,D,E,F.......

James

OK JINDON.....You did it for me, Thanks a million for your help

I just needed to keep all the A cells filled on sheet2 so nest available would be the following cell and my new item would not replace but go to the next cell......works great now
    Again thank for all your help and also thanks to TownDawg.

Hope you don't mind if I call on you guys again some confussed day.

James

OK Jindon
    I have it working with a slight problem (you did good)

When I w-click on the row of the A column it will send it to sheet2, that part works......But if I w-click on second item it will replace the first item on sheet 2. so I can only show 1 item.

It keeps replacing what is there and always on row 17
    any thoughts (you got me almost there, Half way home)

Here we go, thanks..
    MS Excel

Sheet 1 (this is my main menu order sheet) all items are listed on this sheet1
    Sheet 2 (this is were I need to repeat my selections from sheet1)
    Staring from sheet1 I hold down (alt) +press f 11
    up pops Microsoft Visual Basic...
    Sheet1 icon on left ? what does this look like...I see X Icon.....I see User form icon and a Save icon and the rest of the tool bar...

So much good help and I cant seem to get a result...I think I am missing a step

I have my spreedsheet open to my work
    I hit alt and f11
    I receive a screen dark blank screen named Visual Basic

What Sheet 1 icon ? are you refer to on the left do I w-click on
    I see nothing of a sheet1