Posts by ShiftnSix

i think im doing it wrong... it just copies them to where ever i click.

am i just highlighting the dates or am i copying them?? im somewhat lost...

[edit]
    n/m i figured it out... you meant the bottom right corner of the last cell with the date in it... i thought you were talking about the bottom of the whole list...

thanx for the encouragement!

can the same thing you've done here work with calander dates as well?

for example: if i put a date in a cell (9/8/2004)

then have it referenced to another cell... could i tell all the other cells below that first to use the next date? (it would need to know that some months end on the 30th and others on the 31st)...

thats probably too much for me to handle huh???

wow! that is exactly what i was trying to do!

i wish i could get this syntax thing figured out so i could do stuff like this...

ummm, overtime is any hours over 8 (up to 12), doubletime (in CA) is anything over 12 hours in one workday (midnight to midnight) AND any hours (no matter if its only 1/2 an hour) worked on the 7th consecutive workday...(like, if you worked seven days in a row w/o a day off. if you work that seventh day its ALL doubletime). but on the eighth day, thats a new workweek in the eyes of the law...

wow, i think i just confused myself with that stuff....lol

hmm... i really dont understand those help menus in this program :(

i meant the help files that are within excel...
    not your reply.

i still dont get what/how/where your to use the "formula", code...whatever you wanna call it...

care to show me? like i said the help files in excel are everything but helpful...

lol... well thanx for the help. it was SOOOOO frustrating when programs dont work the way i wat em to. or, worse yet, when not even the help button in the program fixes the problem....

to answer your question: yeah, it'll do for what i need it to do.
    is there and way i can put the totals at the bottom and have excel add a line for every new entry i make once those lines (8 thru 27) are full? or is that asking too much?

BETTER YET... is there any way i can have the "in" "out" entries add the hours automatically? then, have the "regular" "overtime" "doubletime" thingy do what you just tought me ????

thanx again ppl :):)

yeah fifijazz... ive DONE ALL THAT.

it doesnt do a damn thing...

i go into the help thingy, it says "here, copy this into your worksheet. ya moron"

i dont LEARN ANYTHING that way... i learn by DOING. not GETTING SHOWN how to do something or by having it done FOR me..