Posts by Dunnes

hello,
    im currently using a query which doesnt want to include a certain string ie Lead. the column that i do this criteria search on has many other strings and empty strings, so when i use the criteria not "Lead" or <> "Lead" the filter seems to work but also filters away the blank strings..... is there any other way to filter out the string lead which doesnt also filter out the blank entries????

Cheers
    Mike

Re: Delete Queries

cheers for the reply i changed my mind and used a simple update query to change the entries instead of deleting and appending...

Cheers
    Mike

Hi,
    i have a list of Reference numbers in one table and i need to delete these ref no records from a different table, could anyone tell me the easiest way to do this. Havent used delete queries much

Cheers
    Mike

Re: Remove all spaces from String

Gollum,
    thanks for the reply this is the code i have tried...

AreaName = Application.WorksheetFunction.Replace(AreaName, " ", "")

but i get the error message " argument not optional" and the '.replace' keyword highlighted

Any ideas?

Cheers

Hi,
    im just writing a bit of VBA code in excel and wondered how i could remove all spaces from a string. I dont believe trim or ltrim/rtrim would work as these still leave spaces. An example of the string would be "Leeds_Bradford" (underscore is a space)and i want the output to be "LeedsBradford"
    Any help would be great

Cheers
    Dunnes

Hi,
    does anyone know how i can get hold of a copy of Excel version 4? Quite a few spreadsheets that we create have to be sent out in version 4 and it would be very useful for testing

Any help would be grand
    Cheers
    Mike

Re: VBA vLookup

thanks for your suggestions.

Basically the problem was with the active sheet ie it was looking at the wrong sheet for the lookup, all sorted now thanks

Mike

Hi,
    having a sligh problem with a vlookup in VBA.

The vlookup is below

Set rng = shLookup.Range("a2:b5")
    SheetPassword = WorksheetFunction.VLookup(ActiveSheet.Range("ab3"), rng, 2, 0)

shLookup in in the current workbook and seems ok

So the vlookup is looking up a value from a seperate workbook and finding this value in the same workbook as the vba code/

When i run the code an error message occurs saying "Unable to get the vlookup property of the Worksheet Function class"
    Any ideas.....

also my pc seems to be missing the mainxl.hlp file any ideas where i can find this, i am going to search tho while i await a reply

cheers
    Mike

Hi,
    im trying to export some of my Access reports to Excel. In Access they look ok (great really) but when i export to Excel the totals that i created in Access seem to bring accross column labels (which are not visible in Access) this doubles the size of the report as each label adds an extra column to the report in Excel.
    This has stumped me for a while so any help would be great
    Cheers
    Mike