Posts by Phil

Good Morning,

I checked your attached file and could not see a problem with the Auto-Filter in column B or any of the columns.

I suggest that you check on another machine or try to recreate the workbook on yours and see if that resolves the issue.

Best Regards,

Phil

Good Morning,

Worksheets(i).ScrollArea = ("C4:AZ & (max_people)+2")

Try this instead...
    Worksheets(i).ScrollArea = ("C4:AZ" & ((max_people) + 2))

Question 2

Range("A" & ((max_people) + 3), "A65536").EntireRow.Hidden = True
    Range("A1").Select

Hope that this helps.

Phil

You can set the security level to low. It's not recommended but I've done it on many machines for many years now and have never seen a sign of a VBA virus or been effected by one.

Tools>Macro>Security> click the low setting

Hope this helps,

Phil

Hey Damian,

Below is a bit of code that does the trick. There is probably a better way but this is a start.

Sub ChangeFont()
    Dim BdCells
    Dim Cell As Range
    Set BdCells = ThisWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Range("A3:A10000")
    For Each Cell In BdCells
    If Cell = "" Then Exit For
    If Cell.Value = Cell.Offset(-1, 0).Value Then Cell.Font.ColorIndex = 2 Else Cell.Font.ColorIndex = 0
    Next Cell
    End Sub

Hope this helps.

Phil

Hey Dennis,

You do what you need to do, we/I can wait.

Just, glad to hear that someone is living the life that we most long for.

You keep riding and if you can make a living while doing it then good for you.

For now, I'll keep up with the rat race and hope that my road leads to something like yours in time.

Keep on keeping on, for you do it well.

A Friend,

Phil

PS…Cannondale still rocks! And should be a good choice even for the tough Vikings...take care and far the well.

Now that's a bike...Cannondale rocks!

Hopefully it will hold up to your abuse better then the last. You viking types are tough on these things.

Kindest Regards,

Phil

Sweet ride Dennis.

Take care to not crack this one up on a dirt/mountain ride.

BTW...did you ever replace the Kona mountain bike? If so with what?

Keep on peddling...We can all live a vicarious "healthy" life through you. So I'm thinking you have at least 10 to 12 to peddle for.

Phil

Hi Alberto and welcome to the board.

In an effort to help us with the overall process let's establish a few things.

1. When you did the scanning was ocr (Object Character Recognition) employed and the data now resides in cells within Excel. Not an object?

2. Is the data in all the workbooks in exactly same format?

3. Is the data organized in rows and columns?

4. Are the column headings the same?

5. Is the combined total of the rows less than 65536?

Please let us know so we may be of more assistance.

Phil

Hey Dennis,

Your code was awesome as usual. However, I'm having trouble getting it to work.

Now, at the risk of sounding stupid. I added the function and simply placed "Send_Mail" in my procedure while commenting out the other mail call. Additionally, I tried "Send_Mail(Activeworkbook)" and neither worked. It's very possible I'm not calling the function properly.

Any thoughts? Sorry I have not solved...I'm starting to get brain fry.

Thanks again for your help.

Very Kindest Regards to you and yours,

Phil

Hi Dennis,

Hope this finds you well.

When will this event, sending e-mail, occur?

It happens when the user completes the form and clicks a button on the form itself labeled “Send Order”. At that point that validation happens and if successful the Send Mail function happens delivering to 3 separate email addresses.

Is this what you were looking for?

Thanks for your help.

Phil

I have a tricky one…(it may be on the forum somewhere but, I can’t find any mention in my searches)

I have an XL Workbook that contains a worksheet created to be a order form with vba driven catalogs and much validation code. This workbook is plugged into a web site for download.

Now it gets tricky, as some of you may know…some versions of IE coupled with some versions of windows/office open excel files on download into the IE window instead of actually calling up the “save” option.

This is fine for I have rewritten all the code to work in both environments however I have used the send mail function as a method of returning this form to our people and I don’t think it is very reliable from the IE environment.

After all that, finally the question…Does anyone know or have had success with some syntax that is considered reliable in both environments? Or a way to code it to use one version of code in the XL and another in IE?

I hope I have made this understandable…TIA for anything that can be provided.

Phil

I have accomplished what you are referring to on several occasions by sharing the workbook and placing it on a shared drive within the network.

The net effect is a workbook that everyone who has permissions to that directory can access, change, print and save (all functionality). This can be done by multiple users can hit the file at the same time and when someone says it updates all other iterations upon their save.

The procedure is as follows…
    From the tools menu…Tools>Share Workbook
    On the editing tab…
    Check the “Allow changes by more than one user…”
    On the advanced tab…
    Under track changes…I always check “Don’t keep change history” the file seems to grow really large if you don’t.
    Under Update Changes…I always choose “When file is saved” and do not enable the automatic save.
    "Under Conflicting changes between users”…I always check “The changes being saved win”. This way no one has to decide when it asks whose changes to accept.

Shortcuts can then be set-up on the machines of the various users pointing to this shared file.

That’s what I know about that. Hope it helps. Good luck.

Phil

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the board...

Your request is doable. However, problematic for it is likely someone will not type the name exactly right or not remember that path for which the file is saved.

You want to consider creating a "Profile" file that is hidden and in the xlstart directory. By doing this you could write procedures that when they save your file the "Profile" records the name and path.

Additionally, this "Profile" file can contain the code that will perform the open, update and save routine.

Just some thoughts...

Phil

One way that has worked for me is to set the notify to false which will return the typical file opened dialog box which also tells who has the workbook open at that time.

In the below example I use a hidden open workbook to define a path.

Workbooks.Open (Workbooks("MSTR.xls").Sheets("Profile").Range("Drive")) & "DATA.XLS", notify:=False

Hope this helps,

Phil