Posts by Anada

Re: disable and grey out a range of Cells if two other cells are not filled

Maybe it's easier if i attach the spreadsheet, if you see the spreasheet i'm sure it will be easier, but i don't know how to attach the file in this thread. no matter what i try it won't accept me uploading the file.

the code you gave me above doesn't work and now i get an error also with the userform.

Hi Jindon,

thank you so much for your help, except when it comes to VBA, i generally only know what i learn on this site. i really have no idea how to compbine the 2 codes, i have done quite a but of research on this site for possible answers or codes i could have used by twicking here or there, but the problem is that i already had a code in the sheet and i didnt' know how to combine them.

The one you sent me might be perfect, but how do i combine them both?

Sorry for the dumbness!!!!!!

Hi royUK,

Thank you for your reply, i was just statng that i already have a code in the sheet to display a user form.

so if someone has and answer for me on my issue :

have a range of cells in my sheet O13 to AS20 i need these cells to be disabled and greyed out if the user hasn't entered a value in cell E13 AND F13, both need to have a value in order to enable the range O13 to AS20.

they are aware of an existing code, i can't have 2 Worksheet_Changes that's why i mentioned that i already have one in.

Thank you so much for trying to help me.

Hi Everyone,

i have a range of cells in my sheet O13 to AS20 i need these cells to be disabled and greyed out if the user hasn't entered a value in cell E13 AND F13, both need to have a value in order to enable the range O13 to AS20.

i already have a code in this sheet which uses a user form the code is as follows :

Code
    Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    If Target.Column = 2 Then
        UserForm1.Show
        End If

can someone please help me?

Hi everyone,

i have 28 spreadsheets where i can look for this information and it could be in any of the 28 sheets, in the main sheet i have a number in column a1 let's say 2345, and i want to look for this number in any of the 28 sheets, but you may find it more then once, what i would like to bring thru is with a normal Vlookup i would bring thru column 2, however, i only want to bring thru column 2 if there is a value in it, i'll show you a example bellow

Sheet 1 Sheet 2 Sheet 3

Column A Column b Column A Column B Column A Column B
    2334 2334 0 2336
    2336 2334 0 2336 26/12/2011
    2345 2334 25/12/2011

Sheet 1
    Column A Column B
    2334 25/12/2011
    2336 26/12/2011

The result I'm looking for, is that showing in sheet one at the bottom.

Can someone please help me?
    Thanks
    Ana

Hi There,

I urgently need help with this. I'm trying to automatically move data from columns to rows, see my example and see if you can please please please assist, my example only shows 3 columns, but i have to do it to about 200 columns and i don't want to sit and copy paste all the way.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33278[/ATTACH]

Hi, I really need your help, i have to lock some cells in excel that should only be available (or open) if the user changes another cell, so i'll try to explain the problem in detail. Please remember i'm using excel 2010.

In F11 i have a validation list, where the user can choose "On Leave" and "Active", if F11 is showing on leave i want all the cells from J10 to P11 to be locked (Greyed) so no input can be captured on those cells unless the user changes the cell in F11 to "Active", in that case the cells from J10 to P11 must be unlocked.

Hope this makes sense, but also keep in mind that i have to do that not only for f11 but f12, f13, f14 and so on so forth, i will am attaching a copy of the spreadsheet so you can see what i mean with the list.

I would really appreciate your help with this.

Regards
    Ana