Posts by chrisxs5

I hope I am posting this in the correct place.

Is there some kind of excel userform wizard? Similar to the one in access, maybe? If so how would I get to it? If not, is there an add-in somewhere?

Re: Date Formula

Go to format>Conditional formatting and set it to equals Overdue and then pick your Format. as for the formula I am working on that. Maybe somebody quicker will trow one up here.

So have no clue where to begin on this.

What I am trying to do is create a message box that opens on Monday and tells every one to turn their time sheets in.

Here is mu usual msg box that I have already changed for my project

Code
    Option Explicit

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    MsgBox "It's Monday." & vbNewLine & _
    "Don't forget to turn in your time sheet!", vbOKOnly & vbInformation, "MONDAY"

End Sub

How to set it to turn on every monday, I have no clue.
    :thanx:

Re: Additional file created during File Save As

I found out the other day when excel has a crash, it will create a file that looks like the temp file. I found that in my case I had a corrupt worksheet due to my code. Dont know if this helps any but figured Id let ya know. GL

Re: if formula

The error I was getting was because in vba I have to put the quatation marks inside quatation marks.

Code
    Range("A2:a300").Formula = "=IF(B2="""","""",(LEFT(C2,3)&LEFT(D2,2)))"

I droped the second line of code and that fixed my other problem.
    So problem solved, Thank you guys for all your help! :facepull:

I added the code to the sheet. And it works but not completely. The formula was incorrect so I tried to replace it with the correct and received errors. Tried to adjust the ranges to work on a permanent sheet and instead of it seeing the same row values it jumped, row 4's formula referred to row 932 and so on.

Sometimes while your typing so are other people.
    Those other post I didnt see till after Mine.
    So after lots of playing around I went with
    =IF(ISTEXT(B7),LEFT(C7,3)&LEFT(D7,2),"")
    It only triggers on text if the cell is blank or ther is number then it does nothing. Which I never really thought about until I played with al the fomulas.

So after playing around with those I thought "man it would be cool to throw that in some code so I wont have to drag the cells every time I add a new line."
    So I type out this

Code
    Range("a20:a300").Select = "=If(ISTEXT(B2),"",LEFT(C2,3)&LEFT(D2,2))"

And then I realized, I ignorant I really am.
    So do you guys think you could me out? :thanx:

Yep that works. I knew it was going to be something that simple. A had it in and out of "" but I never thought to drop the = sign. Sometimes My mind just goes on the fritz. So thank you again Norie.

Here is the formula I made

=IF(B2<" ","","=LEFT(C2,3)&LEFT(D2,2)")

Basically I want to return a formula if b2 has text in it.
    This way it only returns it has text instaed of calculating.
    I know this should be easy but I have drawn a blank.

So here is my current venture.
    I would like to pull a cell value and add three letters from one column to it and 2 letters from another column to create a unigue id tag. I have had no luck finding a formula and am not good enough (yet) with code. any help would be appreciated.

Attachment shows the actualy layout of the database I will be using. The size is about 200 rows and will grow.

Re: macro causes close

Sure, I will try that but it will be later to night. Currently I just deleted the sheet and recreated it with cell plus cell furmulas. Added an extra sheet to see everthing differently the way I wanted. But I will email this to my self and work on it from home tonight to try the version theory. Beyond that I am ready to let it go as fluke and move on. Thank you everyone for help and input.

The version I'm using at this location is 97. Doesn't offer the repair option. I went ad deleted the sheet with the macro on it. And my problem goes away. If I add the sheet back I still have no problems. If I add the macro back then the problem comes back.

That code good runs alot prettier than mine did! Thats a cool way of seeing it done. Unfortunately that did not stop the close. If I run the macro the program closes fine. If not thats when I get the error.