Posts by pradeep_atm

Re: Selecting Color box

Hi Dave,

Thanx for a such prompt reply. And it's working. Thanx for that too.

May I know codes for other command bars as well.

Also could you please let me know if there is any way to protect a particular folder.

Thanx for your help.
    Pradeep

Hi All,

While Shift+Ctrl+P can be used to select the Font Size icon, is there any short cut key to select the Fill the color icon. And if not can we do this by some VB code.

Thanx for your help.

Pradeep

Hi All,

I have made a template to preparea and take print of the Purchase requisitions. But I have struck at giving automatic numbering to these requisitios.

I wanted the running number to be this fashion: 2004/Dec/0001 . Basically I wanted excel to generate running number automatically whenever a new requisition is raised.

And I have made a form to which data gets picked by VLOOKUP to the format sheet from the data sheet, where in Key in the data.

Hope I have made the issue quite clear.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanx
    Pradeep

Re: Tracking emails

If you are not looking for VB code, then I will suggest a way.

In Outlook just do this..

Tools - Options - Preferences - Email options - Tracking options..here you can select for the option.

Hope this will help.

Re: More Tips for Finding Records in Large Spreadsheets

Hi Devis, Thanx for the info. Also there is one more tool called Flex Find by John Walken bench.

I have attached the same for the benefit of others. It's an extention of your excel Ctrl+F. It will display all the matching entries at a time unlike Ctrl+F which will do one by one. It has also the flexibility to search in a sheet/workbook etc.,

Hope you find these useful..

Thanx
    Pradeep

Re: Group and Outline

Instead of vb code, one can use the following way

Select the entire rows, press F5(or Ctrl+G or ) and then special and then select visible cells only and then the ususal copy and paste. Instead Alt+; will help to select the visible cells alone.

Hi All,

My query:

I receive mails every day with an excel attachment(containing list of
    entries) and I have to check for one entry and if it is there in the list
    then reply to the mail with some more info from my records and if not ignore
    it(I use outlook express).

Could anyone kindly suggest a way to automate this process.

Thanx
    Pradeep