Posts by FreddyKrueger

Hi guys

This one sound easy but I don't know how.

I have cells in excel than contain multiple info split by spaces.
    For example: Name Surname Number.
    All I want to do is split these cell into 3 different cells. All the cells doesn't contain exaxtly 3 items. It can be more or less. There should be an simple command that split up strings

Freddy

Re: Update 150 different table values at once

Hi norie

Using VBA sound like a good idea, although I have no experience on macros in access. The SQL code for one update query is as follow:

SQL
    UPDATE MAINTABLE INNER JOIN TABLE1 ON MAINTABLE.ID = TABLE1.MAINTABLE SET MAINTABLE.[Table name] = "TABLE1";

And the Table names are not table1 to table150. They have all got individual names.

f

Re: Update 150 different table values at once

Norie

What I can do is the following:

I link the "Master Table" to "Table 1" (smaller table) using the ID field.

No I run a simple update qeury:

Field: Table name (this is the new field I have created in the Master Table and that I want to update)
    Table: Master Table
    Update to: "Table 1"

This query writes "Table 1" next to all the cases (that belong to Table 1) in the Master Table.

I can repeat this process 150 times but it is gonna take me bout 6 hours.

Does this make sense??

Thanks

F

Hi all

I have a master table that contains 15000 cases. Lets call it the "Master Table" This master table was split into about 150 smaller tables. ("Table1" to "Table150"). I have a unique field called ("ID")

What I want to do is:

I have created an addition field in my "Master Table" called "Table Name". Now I want to use an update query (or any other means possible) to update this field with the smaller table name (Table1 / Table2 / ....../ Table150) into which the specific case was divided. Is this at all possible?

I can do it table by table but this will take too long.

I'm don't use access a lot so this might sound dumb.
    Please help

Regards,

Freddy

Hi all

I am really kind of a PowerPoint virgin so apologies if this is a really stupid question. I want to disable the page down (by pressing the pagedown keyboard button) option in PowerPoint for certain pages. Then you have to use the hyperlink on these specific pages to navigate though the presentation. Is it possible?

Freddy

Hi all

I have a program that runs using VBA Excel forms. Everytime the user opens the program I want all the toolbars to be removed and when he exits I want the toolbar options to reset to what it was before the program was opened. Currently I am assigning variables individually to each toolbar option as True of False depending on whether it is visible when the program opens, using this to restore the default settings when the user exits. But this process seems long and inefficient. There must be a quicker way to capture current toolbar selections??!!

Hi All

I'm working with forms in VBA.
    On my forms I have a textbox that shows (for eg) annual profits. This figure can become quite big. Can I display this output using a number format that uses a comma to separate multiples of 1000 (eg, 1,000,000,000 instead of 1000000000)

Freddy

Hi all

I have build a model in excel that includes alot of Sheets, Charts and VBA procedures. The user interface works through forms. I have protected this model by making all the sheets VERYHIDDEN and putting a password on access to the macros.

Question1: Is there any additional passwords I can use to protect this program?

Question2: Is it possible to block the program a certain period after it was first opened. Example, it should only be valid for one month.

Freddy

Hi all

I'm working with forms in Excel VBA. While running my program (which only consist of jumping between forms), I would like to have only the forms displayed. Any backgournd sould be white (I don't want to see ANY excel toolbars). Is there any way to do this???

Freddy

Hi all

Excel: I'm running a code where I disable my automatic calculation and then manually calculate everytime I need to. But one of the spreadsheets in my workbook has a huge amount of formulas and it's takes quite long to recalculate. I don't need any of the info on this sheet for my macro. Is it possible to re-calculate all the spreadsheets (in my macro code) except the one that has all the formulas.

F

Re: Return the 95th biggest value from a array of 100

Thanks alot,
    but this is a array I have defined in VB. So the values has not been written to the spreadsheet yet. I've only populated the array in my macro.

I would like to avoid writing the values to the spreadsheet. It takes up to much time.

????