Posts by Hoowzer

Hi -

I am having issue with a script that is only able to look at one sheet. When running on another sheet it will not run because it is only selecting a specific sheet. Is there a way to change the below code so it works on the active sheet vs searching for a specific sheet?

One thing to note is that I copied the sheet SFU Chart to Chart #2 on a different tab and I want the script to run on that tab as well, but it won't run....

Hi All-

I would like to have assistance in writing an equation which will look at several criteria and spit out if a date is between 2 given dates. Basically if it is in Batch 1 then the equation will check a date and see if it falls on our between 1/7/2013 - 1/18/2013 and returns true/false and if it is in batch 2 it does it for the corresponding dates etc.

Any thoughts on how to do this easily?

[TABLE="width: 210"]

[tr]

[td]

Batch

[/td]

[td]

Start Date

[/td]

[td]

End Date

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[TD="align: right"]2013-01-07[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]2013-01-18[/TD]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[TD="align: right"]2013-01-21[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]2013-02-01[/TD]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[TD="align: right"]2013-02-04[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]2013-02-15[/TD]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[TD="align: right"]2013-02-18[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]2013-03-01[/TD]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[TD="align: right"]2013-03-04[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]2013-03-15[/TD]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]

[/td]

[TD="align: right"]2013-03-18[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]2013-03-29[/TD]

[/tr]

[/TABLE]

Hi All -

I'm having an issue with an array formula. Basically what I have set up is the following formula =SUM(IF(($B$2:$B$243>=E15)*($B$2:$B$243<=F15),$C$2:$C$243)).

This formula will look at the specific criteria and determine how many clicks are within the "start" and "end" range criteria that I have predetermined. The total number of clicks is just over 20K but after running the array I am getting 26,558 clicks which doesn't make any sense.

Could someone take a look at the attached spreadsheet and let me know what I am doing incorrectly?

Thanks

Re: Lookup Text in Column &amp; Return Adjacent Column Value

Ok.

Column A(sample)
    aruba vacation
    vacations in aruba
    hawaii flights
    hawaii vacation
    aruba vacation

Column B (list of destinations I want to search for in column A)
    aruba
    hawaii
    (list is 50+ destinations)

Column C - Ouput (I need help finding a forumula to output this- currently forumla only outputs TRUE)
    aruba
    aruba
    hawaii
    hawaii
    aruba

Hi,

I have a question about an array.

I have one column with a list of words i.e.

Column A
    [4 star hotels aruba]
    [4 star hotels in aruba]
    [5 star aruba hotels]
    [5 star aruba resorts]
    [5 star hotel aruba]
    [5 star hotel in aruba]

Column B contains a list of destinations, I would like to know if there is a functions to look at each entry in column A and spit out the specific destination that is present in column A.

My current forumla is below but it only spits out a "TRUE" if the destination is present. I would like for it to spit out the actual destination. Can anyone help?

=ISNUMBER(LOOKUP(9.99E+307,SEARCH($J$3:$J$51,$A3)))

Hi All,

I have the following code and it spits out one large CSV - roughly 5.2M rows. Is there a way to code this to spit out multiple CSVs in increments of 1M rows? i.e. with 5.2M rows it should shoot out 6 csv files (5 with 1M rows and 1 with .2M rows)

Hi All -

I have a code that spits out the results into on large csv file. The file is over 5.2M rows and I would like to split them into multiple csv files 1M each. I don't know how to do this.

Current code is below, can anyone assist?

Re: USD $40.00+ Compare Columns and Highlight.

Wow this looks good - could you make the box highlighted rather than the text highlighted?

Also there will be some instances where there is no column F - I would just have data for Columns A-E, how would the current code treat this?

The data I have right now would be a mixture of having data for (Columns A-E or columns A-F) I would like for this code to work for both if possible....thanks for doing this so quickly!

Hope this isnt too difficult to alter.

Much Thanks!

Quote from AndrewMB;532901

That's fine, I can certainly highlight it in red.

My second, question, though is this. If I am only looking at the word in column D for the same row as I am matching in column A, then it can only be this word which is causing the match. OR, do you want me to attempt to match every word in column D (i.e. all rows) against each entry in column A?

[COLOR="red"]Basically the word in column D needs to be matched to all words in column A IF it matches the same campaign and adgroup names (column B and C need to match column E and F). [/COLOR]

Quote from AndrewMB;532898

I am starting on this, and have two questions:

1. How would you like the match in Column A highlighted?
    [COLOR="red"]Column A can be highlighted in Red[/COLOR]

2. You say "spit out in column G which negative keyword triggered the keyword in column A to be highlighted": as we are matching column D in the same row only, as far as I can see this can only be the contents of this cell in column D, or have I missed something?

[COLOR="red"]
    So on the backend - a word is highlighted in column A only if it matches or contains a word in column D. I would like to know which word in column D made the trigger for the word in column A to be highlighted....Im open to other methods of showing this.[/COLOR]

I have a VBA issue and would be willing to pay 40 bucks or so for your time. (more if it requires extensive amounts of your time)

I have 6 columns:

Column: Name:
    A Keyword
    B Campaign
    C Adgroup
    D Negative Keyword
    E Negative Campaign
    F Negative Adgroup

What I would like to happen is for a VBA code to look at columns B & C and match it with columns E and F. If the columns are identical the code will look at Column A (in the same row) and match it with column D - if the Negative Keyword in column D is matched exactly or is present anywhere in column A - the code will highlight the Keyword in column A and spit out in column G which negative keyword triggered the keyword in column A to be highlighted.

Please let me know if you can do this.

I am attaching a mock up of how I envision the worksheet looking/working like that I will want the vba code to work on.