Posts by Roberto Heng

Re: Getting stock information using macros

Am still needing help, been extremely busy with work this few days and have no time to work around excel.
    Hope someone can help me out, the information are above.
    So far, i am stuck at the same problem as stated in my previous post.
    thanks in advance ;)

Hi junho, Thanks for the help. However I have encountered another problem, which is that when the data from sheet 1 is brought over to sheet 2,
    instead of the bid price going over, i see 3 something like C1 : #########, D1 : 1.838, E1 : 1.838
    I did change the cells into the ones for mine from your MSN quote script. Am i doing it wrong?

Hi junho, Thanks for your help.
    However, I am still unable to change it into the way I want it as I am relatively new to using Excel for such task.
    I have tried editing the cells and website where i extract my data into the one i want but somehow nothing happens when i run the macro.
    Is it because of the layout of the site I am getting the data from?

Thanks for helping, however, I'm not a member on that forum and I've tried registering there but it doesn't send me the activation email.
    Is it alright for you to attach the macro in that thread onto here?
    Also, another question is that say, my data is at G5 to G8, but i want it to move be moved to a empty space below the existing prices that is on A1-C1, A2-C2,
    is it possible for that to be done?

Still need help, will greatly appreciate any help given.
    Now i'm wondering if it is even possible to do what I want.
    After many attempts the best i could do was to have a live update of the prices once i run the macro, but could not keep track of the prices in a table. :(

Hi I'm wondering if it is possible to use a macro to get information from a website using macros.
    I did a thorough Google search and all the help i get was scripts to retrieve data from Yahoo stocks or something similar.
    I tried the Import external data > New Web Query but I'm still unable to get the results i want as the layout of the website is really different from the ones shown at Yahoo.
    The website I will be getting information from is
    http://www.aia.com.sg/en/suppo…d-performance/fund-price/
    And would like to keep track of the daily pricings while still keeping track of the pricings for different days in a format like that of:
    Column A would be the date, Column B to F would be name of the stocks.
    A2 would show the date and B2 to F2 would show the bid prices for every stock on that day.
    The next day, I would like the date to be at A3 and prices to be at B3 to F3 too.

I'm wondering if anyone could help me with it or give me a rough guide on how to do it as I'm really at my wits end. Sorry for demanding alot and am hoping for some help to be given. ^^