Posts by Sicarii

Re: "Best Fit" Schedule

Maybe I need to change my 'assumed knowldege' setting (maybe it's the 12pk I've drank too tho :? ) :thanx: for the response btw!!!

I've seen the solver add-in, but never knew/played with it before. I will definitely check it out when I get to work tomorrow with the leads you gave me. As for your second approach I'm totally lost by your comments, could you explain detail a little?

And yes I have the formulas for the cells, I only copied special to get down to acceptable file size. I guess I don't understand what you mean by making it a linear program, but I'll google whatever I don't 'get'. Thanx for the response tho, most ppl don't reply to my q's. It's what makes the difference between a $5,000 application for workforce management to people feeling clueless about their job. And all I am is lazy so I want a quick way to do it, why work hard when you can work smart?

OK I have a required amount of people for each half hour in col D and various shifts are available in Row 33. The way this works now is that as you enter a value in the "shifts" then it tallies them col F and compares needed/staffed in col G.

What I would like to do is have VBA assign the various schedules so that the variance to needed/staffed is lowest. I'm assuming that this is just a mathematical question, could someone point me in the right direction?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Calculating time > 9999:59:59

I'm not sure if this is the most effecient way, nor how you get your data, but...

If you can seperate the times in your script if the value is greater than 9999:59:59 and put it in another cell, the sum of the two will display properly.